Member Pioneer Co-ordinators
£12 per hour + great benefits
Home based in your local community (we’re recruiting in a number of locations across the UK)
18 hours per week
We’re looking for member pioneer co-ordinators who can inspire a team to bring people together and make great things happen. We want to get local people talking about what matters most in their communities. And by bringing together Co-op members, colleagues and local causes to find new ways to co-operate, we know we can make a real difference to people’s lives.
As a member pioneer co-ordinator you’ll lead a team of member pioneers: planning and co-ordinating activity in local communities near you. We’ll look to you to make sure everything they do contributes to our community mission and objectives, ensuring we make the biggest impact possible across the UK by increasing co-operation. It’s a unique opportunity to make a difference where you live, supported by an organisation with nearly 70,000 colleagues.
What you’ll do
- inspire a team of member pioneers to deliver work that makes a difference to community wellbeing
- support pioneers by providing coaching and development, guidance and troubleshooting
- connect Co-op colleagues and businesses and help to build relationships with field teams
- organise and help to chair Co-op local forums
- develop and support pioneers in delivering local community plans
- curate local plans and connect them up to regional and national activity
- report on the impact your team is making on local community wellbeing
- communicate the work of pioneers and its impact on communities through social media
- manage your local co-ordinator activity budget
This role would suit someone who has
- great organisational skills with some experience of leading or coordinating a team
- the ability to coach people and coordinate the activity of a team across different communities
- good basic tech skills (the ability to use a range of devices and social media channels)
- good communication skills with the ability to motivate and inspire people
- an understanding of our Co-op values and a genuine desire to make a difference
- the flexibility to work remotely across your area, travelling occasionally and attending meetings at times that suit your communities
As a member pioneer co-ordinator you’ll have the chance to support local communities, making a visible difference by encouraging people to work together. As a Co-op colleague you’ll also receive a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits including:
- 24 days holiday (rising to 30 with service)
- discounts on all kinds of Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive work environment:
We can make adjustments to the interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances.
When you apply for this job you’ll be directed to a page where you can search for the nearest Member Pioneer Co-ordinator job to you. If there are no opportunities near to you at the moment, you can sign up for job alerts for this role on the same page. We’ll be recruiting in lots more locations later in the year.