Events Team Lead
A leading government regulator are looking for an Events Team Leader.
Strategy and planning
- Contribute to the development of an integrated marketing strategy that encompasses events, exhibitions and speaker opportunities.
- Oversee the planning, delivery and evaluation of the organisation's events, exhibitions and speaker opportunity programme (the events programme).
- Achieve events income targets and propose ideas for income generating events.
- Oversee the delivery of the events programme ensuring the delivery of high quality, memorable events.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels, to secure their buy-in and support for events; explore income-generating opportunities for joint events with partners.
- Use the latest events technology and techniques to create memorable events with attention to making events accessible to audiences in target markets.
- Maximise the use of digital channels and social media for marketing and delivering events.
- Review and refresh the events programme, making evidence-based recommendations to improve: content and presentation; delegate pricing; event channel delivery (eg, seminar vs webinar); event promotional offers and channels; brand positioning.
- Work with others in communications division to improve speakers' slides and materials to make them more compelling, ensure consistency and correct branding.
- Continually review the delegate experience to spot opportunities to improve events to that they meet or exceed delegates' expectations.
Internal relationships and resource management
- Line manage two Events Managers and work to develop them in their roles.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the division/centre's senior management team, identify their communication needs and priorities, create an annual plan and oversee its implementation
- Work within agreed budgets; report on financial performance.
- Identify efficiencies and pursue cost-effective options.
- Comply with Government communications and marketing spend controls.
- May be expected to work unsocial hours on occasions with time off in lieu e.g. to support events.
- Health or Public Sector experience
-Line managing experience - team of 2
- 1 month NP maximum
- Strong Events experience
Team of 2 and reporting into the Senior Marketing and Brand Manager