We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You’ll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Are you interested in helping people with a learning disability to improve the quality of their lives through great services? Having services that are recognised as stable, reliable and competent by our regulators is an essential part of how we view quality performance. If you are an experienced Compliance Manager with sound knowledge of the regulatory frameworks in the social care sector, then this could be the perfect opportunity and challenge for you!
It is an exciting time to join Mencap, a leading learning disability Charity, as we continue to build on our strong track record of quality performance, and our ambition for all of our services to be rated as GOOD or OUTSTANDING. As the Compliance Manager, you will lead on and oversee the registration arrangements across all the regulatory bodies and inspectorates that we work with across England, Wales and Northern Ireland. You will be the main point of contact and subject matter expert for regulatory matters and will be an organisational point of advice, working alongside senior and operational colleagues. You will oversee the compliments and complaints function, ensuring that appropriate organisational arrangements are in place and are working effectively, and you will have a lead role in the development and oversight of our internal Safeguarding arrangements.
Essential skills, knowledge or experience required:
- Confidence and experience in interpreting legislation and regulations
- Ability to prepare and interpret numerical and factual data and explain to others in a clear succinct manor
- Ability to write clear, concise letters and reports
- Ability to grasp complex information and requirements and translate into simple language
- Experience of writing and auditing policies and procedures relating to compliance, including safeguarding
- Extensive knowledge of legislation and regulatory frameworks relating to social care activity and adult education and training
- Brilliant people skills with the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including our CEO.
- Recognised legal qualification/s or strong working experience
We need someone who can hit the ground running which means ideally you will be qualified to a degree standard in law or have strong working experience within the area of regulatory compliance. This role is extremely varied so requires an individual that can multi-task, prioritise, take direction and work on their own initiative. You will be line managing two people with in the team; a Compliance Officer and a Complaints Officer.
This role can be home based or based in our Peterborough or Luton offices. There is an expectation that you will be present in Peterborough at least once a week and can travel nationwide to meet the needs of Mencap.
If successful at the short listing stage, you will be invited to an Assessment day. This will provisionally be in Peterborough in the week commencing 11th March.
Although having the right skills and experience is important to us, it is essential that you display our 5 values; Positive, Challenging, Caring, Inclusive and Trustworthy.
Feel like you would be the best Compliance Manager for Mencap? Apply with your CV and covering letter today.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 24 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays) increasing to 27 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our Holiday Plus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to on-going training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary, death in service life cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract