Job Title: Chief Executive
Hours: Full time / permanent
Salary: £46 - £50k (depending on experience)
Location: Bridgend and other sites across South Wales as needed
Emmaus South Wales is a homelessness charity providing far more than just a bed for the night to people who have experienced homelessness and social exclusion. The organisation provides a home for as long as someone needs it and meaningful work in their social enterprise. Living in a stable environment with the opportunity to work helps Emmaus Companions, as residents are known, to regain lost self-esteem and the confidence to get back on their feet.
Charisma is working in partnership with Emmaus South Wales to find their new Chief Executive. This is an exciting time for a creative and collaborative leader to take over the organisation’s strategic and operational management. There is a particular focus in this role on the development of profitable social enterprises and other income generating activities, in line with the Emmaus values and approach, and as such are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial individual who will ideally bring retail experience.
In order to succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Substantial experience of strategic planning and leadership of a successful business or commercial organisation
- Experience of implementing organisational and cultural change
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to empower and motivate teams of people from diverse backgrounds
- Comprehensive financial management skills
- The ability to interpret complex situations/ problems and identify solutions
- An understanding of the issues surrounding homelessness and social exclusion.
You will be a natural communicator, with a participative and inclusive management style. Self-motivated and proactive, you will be able to identify opportunities and act on them. You will also have a calm and supportive nature, and be able to manage stress and high pressure situations effectively.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. To apply please submit your CV and supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our reference JO1630.
For any further information, please contact Jill Livingstone on 0207 998 8888 or 01962 813300.
Closing date for applications: 12 March 2019
Interview date: TBC – w/c 1 April 2019