CEO (part time)
Prospectus is delighted to be supporting the Chelsea Children's Hospital Charity to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer to lead the organisation as they enter a new phase of development. The charity was set up over 30 years ago by a team of paediatric doctors to raise money for urgently needed medical equipment and to support in a range of ways that make hospital more welcoming for children and their families. The focus of the charity's work to date has been Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
As the charity enters a new stage in their history, the vision is to advance innovation and the use of technology in paediatric surgery throughout the UK. The incoming CEO will lead this new chapter in their development, setting up and establishing the charity with a new identity and purpose. This will include finding new premises, setting the strategy and building strong relationships with stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic senior level candidate to shape the future for this small and hugely impactful charity.
Experience and attributes to include:
- Experience of working in a small organisation and/or setting one up (business start-up or charity) with proven experience of significant growth
- Experience of developing and converting a strategic vision into an operational plan
- Experience of successfully delivering organisational change and growth
- Experience of fund-raising and with a strong track-record
- A natural ambassador, advocate and networker with a track record of building effective relationships with funders, patrons, and other stakeholders
- A high level of personal organisation, self-motivation, drive for performance and improvement and flexibility in approach and attitude
- Passion, energy and enthusiasm for the cause
For further details about this exciting opportunity please see the full Job Description below.
To apply, please visit the Prospectus website by clicking the apply button below. You will need to upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4. A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.
If selected for interview with the charity, interviews are planned to take place on the dates below:
Panel Interviews (1st stage): Monday 1st April
Panel Interviews (2nd stage): Monday 8th April