Chief Operating Officer
ThinkForward has an ambitious vision to prevent the next generation of youth unemployment in the areas of the UK that most need its support. Their unique long-term coaching programme works with young people in schools and colleges who are identified as most at risk of becoming unemployed. Highly skilled Coaches work with young people for five years from the age of 13 to 18 to succeed in education and then progress into sustained employment.
The Chief Operating Officer takes responsibility for the management of the business planning process, and directly supports the CEO & senior team in ensuring ThinkForward (TF) delivers against its operational and strategic objectives
Technically astute finance professional with excellent financial management skills and experience of managing corporate and finance functions.
- Understanding of funding streams accessible Experience of working in a leadership role.
- Experience managing commercial and financial risk.
- Strong Influencing and relationship building skills.
- A confident and effective presenter.
- Stature and presence, comfortable representing the organisation at the highest levels externally.
- A successful track record in developing and implementing risk, control and management information systems.
- Professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA).
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to work at both the strategic and operational level.
- High level of motivation, initiative and demonstrably results focussed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrating diplomacy, discretion and tact.
- Resilient and comfortable with change.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, with the ability to work on a wide range of competing demands, and deliver to deadlines.
- Experience of reporting and influencing at board level.
- Experience with the social or voluntary sectors.
ThinkForward is committed to equality of opportunity and applications from all communities are welcomed. Because we recognise that black, Asian and minority ethnic communities are under-represented in our senior staff we are particularly keen to receive applications from BAME candidates.
To read more about this exciting opportunity, and to find out how to apply please click on “Apply” below to see the full Appointment Brief on the Prospectus website
Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, which should be no longer than 2 sides of A4.
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.