Food Policy Officer
Food Policy Officer- 12 month fixed term contract
Reports to: Head of Food Policy
Based at: Head Office, High Wycombe
Salary grade table: Specialist (SP4), £27,952.17 to £31,057.32 based on experience
Hours: 35 hours per week. Hours to be agreed with your line manager. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
Holiday: 36 days a year including bank holidays
Line management: No direct reports
The role: To support the charity’s activities in relation to food information with a focus on maintaining our client’s food standards and catering accreditation scheme
• Monitor gluten free catering accreditation scheme including reviewing audit reports, feedback and corrective actions. To ensure menus and documentation are in line with guidance.
• Work alongside the commercial team to assist caterers in their preparation for gluten free accreditation scheme
• Attend meetings with caterers and manufacturers working.
• Manage the creation of quarterly reports for the gluten-free catering accreditation scheme
• To work with the Head of Food Policy in the development and review of food policy to draft policy positions and to contribute to the necessary intelligence gathering, horizon scanning and consultations to represent the charity.
• To be able to critically analyse the evidence and ensure that information on food and the gluten free diet is up-to-date.
• Provide administration for Food Standards Committee.
• Contribute to the evidence base relating to food policy, standards, legislation and technology.
• Contribute to food research in order to develop the evidence base in the area of food and the gluten free diet, to inform charity policy and meet the charity’s business and strategic aims.
• To contribute to articles for publications and consumer/trade press, as required.
• To represent and promote the work of the charity amongst stakeholders from the food sector.
• To represent the charity by speaking at food events.
• To have a continuing plan for personal development
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
• A motivated individual with initiative and a structured approach to work
• Good organisational skills.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• A team player
• Educated to degree standard.
• Some knowledge in the areas of quality assurance, food technology and nutrition
• Understanding of scientific evidence base and research.
• Numerate with necessary skills to produce, monitor and interpret audit information, quality assurance processes and guidance documents.
• Ability to critically review scientific literature.
• Good IT skills - MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Power Point.
• CMS and website content management experience
1: General profile
- Offers mentoring/guidance to others
- Is a key contributor, acts individually as a specialist expert in own area or as a team leader providing direction for others
- Acts with no supervision
2: Technical expertise; building & maintaining
- Demonstrates depth/breadth of knowledge/skills in own area
2: Technical expertise; applying & anticipating
- Applies knowledge/skill through handling complex problems and/or co-ordinating work which may extend beyond own area of expertise; shares expertise with colleagues and other work groups
3: Client/organisation orientation; client response
- Proactively acts to understand client needs and identify solutions to non-standard tasks/queries; actively seeks opportunities
3: Client/organisation orientation; organisation understanding
- Interprets internal/external organisational issues; makes changes to own and others work to meet these
3: Client/organisation orientation client response; costs
- Manages costs against specific contracts
4: Creating & delivering solutions; problem solving
- Anticipates patterns and links; looks beyond the immediate problem to the wider implication/knock on effect; takes a new perspective on existing solutions to complex problems
4: Creating & delivering solutions; planning & organising
- Develops longer term plans which effect own and other areas and manages resources to achieve the plan
5: Working relationship; communicating, negotiating & influencing
- Explains/presents highly complex ideas; anticipates potential objections and prepares case accordingly; influences others
5: Working relationship; teamwork, coaching & guiding
- Acts as a facilitator and mentor; moves the team forward; may be a team leader
5: Working relationship; networking
- Creates networks internally and externally
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by the employee. This job description may be altered to reflect the needs of the charity.
Please apply online with your CV and Covering Letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
More searches like this
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe
- Administration Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe
- Business Development & Commercial Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in High Wycombe