Working with the Head of HR and Governance, the HR Officer is a critical role for the organisation, contributing to the long term development and performance of the HR function. The postholder will have excellent communications skills, a keen eye for detail and an ability to work on their own initiative in a fast-paced environment. The role provides technical expertise and support to the senior team and managers on all HR matters, end to end recruitment support for permanent and temporary posts, carrying out inductions and DBS checks and compiling information for monthly payroll returns. The role also provides the key point of contact for staff on day to day routine HR questions and queries.
- HR Generalist Administration
To maintain an accurate HR filing system for all employees
Process employee requests and provide relevant information
Co-ordinate HR projects & meetings
Responsible for producing all HR documentation/ letters - new starter & leavers, contracts, variations in terms
Responsible for raising PO’s
Coordinating documents for HR processes - appraisals, bonus, probation
Other ad-hoc duties
- HR Systems
Providing support to staff across the business
Inputting and maintenance of HR information for employees e.g. new starters, leavers, salary increases etc.
Running reports on absence, holidays, new starters
Rolling out policy updates
Maintain and update the on-line HR system
Liaising with the Head of HR and Governance to escalate problems and source solutions
Ensure all vacancies are advertised in appropriate publications; liaise with line managers on updating job descriptions and the recruitment process
Ensure the Advance web-site jobs page is kept up to date, removing old adverts and refreshing on-going recruitment advertising
Respond to all applicants, arrange interviews, take references and send follow up letters
Liaise with agencies to hire temporary and casual staff as required
Maintain a register of agencies, publications and contacts for different role types, including up to date rates
To ensure annual performance reviews and quarterly performance follow-up meetings are conducted by line managers with all staff
To file performance reviews and details of follow up meetings
To ensure that annual performance reviews include updates of job descriptions which are reflected in updated contracts
- Absence Management
To assist the managers with the administration of reporting and recording absences, including sickness, annual leave, compassionate leave, maternity, adoption and parental leave
Ensure leave is recorded on the on-line HR system and on payroll reporting forms
Prepare accurate monthly payroll returns
Respond to payroll queries and source solutions
- Manage the transfer process for TUPEs, including drafting and managing mobilisation plans and undertaking detailed due-diligence. In addition, working with the senior Director or Manager, provide support on ER engagement in consulting with employees and their representatives, along with providing communications on proposed measures and transfer arrangements.
- Keep up to date with employment law changes and advise managers on policy changes as needed.
- Monitor regulatory requirements for staff training and competence and ensure that all requirements and subsequent changes are reflected in all statutory and mandatory training
- Coordinate the development, delivery and evaluation of a staff Learning and Development program and the implementation of an annual corporate training plan.