Assistant Manager – Employment Services
This charity is a user led organisation managed and controlled by disabled people.
They are looking for an experienced Assistant Manager (Employment Services) with a proven track record of overseeing and delivering successful supported internship programs to head up four sites and manage the on-site Supported Employment Co-ordinator at those sites
Role: Assistant Manager – Employment Services
Salary: £31,000 to £35,000, depending on the experience
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
Location: London SW6 7SR
Job level: Experienced
Background to the role
Our client's Employment Service continues to set the agenda for disability employment across London with great results. They have carved out a role, and reputation, for setting up and delivering supported internships for people with learning disabilities. They provide management, job coaching and employer engagement for over 50 young people with learning disabilities each year across their internship sites
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To manage and develop contracts on supported internship sites.
2. To develop, initiate, manage delivery of relevant activities across internship sites, such as job coaching, family training and other employability outputs.
3. To train and supervise internship staff and provide them with regular support, identify training needs and organise training appropriately.
4. To support the Employment Service Manager with recruitment and selection of permanent staff
5. To recruit and manage a cohort of bank staff to support onsite job coaching and in-work support
6. To be the lead liaison for Project Search Supported Internships St. George’s Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital and Supported Internships at L’Oreal Head Office/Hammersmith and Fulham Council, RBKC Council, for employers and other key stakeholders
7. To represent the organisation at steering groups and other stakeholder events
8. To ensure sufficient data collection systems are in place to satisfy the information needs of the projects.
9. To support with managing of Employment Service budget.
10. To lead on Access to Work applications and to manage a budget to fund bank staff activities.
12. To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of projects and work towards continuous improvement.
13. To compile information for the High Street Internship quarterly report
14. To develop relationships with employers securing Disability Equality training to employers and increasing new employers to participate on the High Street internship
You are passionate about supporting people with learning disabilities and autism to become independent. You have a good working knowledge of the social model of disability. Ideally you have some experience in supported employment or a similar role. You have an outgoing, positive, empathetic, assertive personality and a clear and straightforward communication style.
Our client's offer to you
The organisation offer a diverse, supportive and positive environment that fosters creativity and innovation within a dedicated team who are passionate about removing the barriers that disabled people face.
Closing date: 1st March 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
No agencies please.