Chief Executive Officer
CAD provides all the services normally associated with a typical CVS, including:
- support, advice and assistance for community groups and other local charities and disadvantaged individuals
- recruitment and management of volunteers
- provision of training and development courses and conferences
- liaison with the local business community to encourage Corporate Social Responsibility
However, the organisation is much larger than most CVS organisations, and offers an enhanced range of services, some of which many may consider to be unique. For example, in the interests of health and wellbeing and to seek to combat loneliness, we operate
- community transport services with a fleet of 12 minibuses
- provide the local Shopmobility service
- manage Repair Shed facilities to enable retired individuals to contribute to the local community
- operate a local internet radio station.
We participate in a range of projects to enable the exchange of and support for volunteers in conjunction with overseas partners and funded by European Union monies, many under the Erasmus+ programme.
We also provide translation and interpretation services to public sector bodies through a wholly owned trading subsidiary.
We are currently seeking to appoint a new Chief Executive Officer to lead the Charity into the future. She/he will:
- Provide visionary leadership to the organisation and have overall responsibility for delivering its services.
- Work closely with the trustees to develop long term strategy, deliver budgets and business plans and ensure the organisation complies with relevant law and regulations.
- Act as an influencing ambassador for the organisation, playing a key role in developing effective relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and advancing and building the voluntary and community sector in our locality.
- Make a major contribution to determining the future direction and policy of the organisation
The successful candidate will already have senior management experience, preferably in the charity sector, ideally as a CEO. You will need to be a creative visionary who can make things happen and show how ideas can become reality. You must have a track record of driving through change, managing effective fundraising initiatives and also financial literacy including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting. Experience of working at the highest levels to influence partners/key stakeholders is a basic requirement of the role. You will have strong interpersonal and communication skills along with an understanding of developing and delivering organisational effectiveness.
A salary up to £55,000 p.a. is available for the right candidate who can fulfil the demands of this challenging permanent full time position. Considerable flexibility is required as attendance at evening and weekend meetings will be necessary. Travel will be required both within the county and to stakeholders outside. Some travel within Europe is also expected.
Applicants should complete our Application Form and provide a full CV that addresses the job description and the person specification fully