3 days left
- Contract Type
WE'RE HIRING AN EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR!
Do you have what we're looking for? Are you a dynamic business leader with a passion for growing small businesses and creating a sustainable future?
The Early Years Nutrition Partnership is seeking an experienced Executive Director to drive forward the strategic plan for the organisation’s growth, by inspiring a small staff team and building firm foundations for the organisation.
- Location: London
- Salary: circa £55,000 per annum
- Vacancy type: Permanent
The Early Years Nutrition Partnership is an independent social enterprise, created in partnership with the Pre-School Learning Alliance, the British Nutrition Foundation and Danone Early Life Nutrition, with start-up funding from the Danone Ecosystem fund.
We are working to improve the future health outcomes of young children by setting a standard for nutrition practice in early years settings.
Our unique approach is the bespoke and tailored nutrition support provided by our network of registered nutrition professionals.
A NEW LEADERSHIP ROLE
This is a rare opportunity for a dynamic business leader to join this expanding organisation in a new role as Director, at an exciting time in the next phase of creating a sustainable future.
Income generation, growth and strategic business development are key to the role, as well as inspiring a small staff team and building firm foundations for the organisation.
You will have significant experience and a proven track record of leading a small business or social enterprise into profitable growth. You will be results orientated, proficient in providing financial management to an organisation and will be a strong communicator and influencer. Adaptability is key in the fast-moving pace of this small organisation, as is an ability to work flexibly with some UK travel required.
You will report to a strong, supportive and confident Board of Directors to drive forward the strategic plan for the organisation’s growth and maintain excellent governance.
Until December 2019, the Early Years Nutrition Partnership receives start-up funding from the Danone Ecosystem Fund. As an entrepreneurial Director during the business' next phase, you will drive our growth, income and brand within the early years sector.
Lead business into profitable growth
- Ensure income generation and sustainability of EYNP
- Create a clear and inspiring vision that is shared by others within the organisation
- Create and deliver a 3 year strategic plan that is supported by the Board
Maintain operation of business
- Monitor and report results to the Board
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for 2019
- Lead and manage the EYNP office team
- Implement the budget ensuring accurate and transparent financial practices and robust financial health of EYNP
Guarantee the social objectives of EYNP
- Generate social value
- Ensure health impacts are reached
- Maintain subsidised access for a defined percentage of settings
Establish EYNP as an authoritative voice on nutrition within the early years sector
- Further develop EYNP’s networks and connections in early years and nutrition
- Engage with relevant stakeholders
- Be able to advocate for the cause and promote the services and expertise of EYNP
- Significant experience in leading a social enterprise / start up (UK or emerging market) to profitable growth
- Business management: income generation, organisational growth, managing budgets, financial acumen (forecasting, creating P&L), strategic planning, negotiation and sales
- Team management: providing strong leadership, motivating a remote team, creating efficiencies & enabling development
- Experience and/or knowledge of UK early years sector (desirable)
- Dynamic business leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Creative problem solver
- Strong manager
- Ability to influence decision makers
- Ability to negotiate and sell products and/or services in challenging markets
HOW TO APPLY
To view full details, download the job spec available at https://careers.pre-school.org.uk/vacancies/180/early-years-nutrition-partnership--executive-director.html
For initial enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a phone call to discuss the role with Annie Denny, Nutrition Development Manager.
Emails should include the subject header 'Executive Director Role'.
Calls will form an initial part of the screening process.
- Available for calls: 4th-14th February 2019
- Closing date: 22nd February 2019. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
- Interviews: w/c 4th March 2019
Applications for the role made via https://careers.pre-school.org.uk/vacancies/180/early-years-nutrition-partnership--executive-director.html should include:
- Covering Letter, highlighting specifically how your experience meets that required, and what you will bring to lead the business to success in 2019.
- An up to date CV, including contact details