Director of Philanthropy
The Mercers’ Company Director of Philanthropy City of London, Competitive salary & generous benefits package
The Mercers’ Company is a City Livery Company with a 700 year history. The Company’s core purpose is Philanthropy and funds its activities from its investments, mainly property in London’s West End and the City. The Company is also a trustee of a number of Charities.
The Company is looking to recruit a Director of Philanthropy to lead the overall development and implementation of the Company’s philanthropic strategy in collaboration with the Chief Executive and the Board.
Ultimately, the Director of Philanthropy will be the Company senior philanthropic advisor and executive lead, responsible for delivering the Company’s agreed Philanthropic framework and managing a team of 9 professionals.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a broad business background with demonstrable senior grant making experience
- Have an excellent understanding and practical experience in the Charity and social enterprise sector
- Have substantial experience of overseeing the development, negotiation and implementation of business operational plans
- Be an visible and highly credible people manager
- Substantial experience in working with boards and complex committee structures and governance arrangements
- Have an interest in the history and life of the Company, its role in the City of London and particularly its work in philanthropy
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an ancient but ambitious city organisation, investing in opportunities to create positive change and make a real difference to people lives.
If you would like to have an informal conversation before applying please contact Teresa Fitzsimmons, Human Resources on 020 7776 7212
To apply please submit you CV along with a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role by Monday 4th March 2019.