Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Shifts: 8hr shift patterns between 9am – 8pm
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Benefits: read more about what we offer
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: by midnight on Sunday 17 February 2019
Download the job description and person specification from our website
We have an exciting opportunity for a Helpline Advisor with significant experience of supporting people through a helpline environment to join our Service’s team. If you have a strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care then we’d like to hear from you!
About the role
As a Helpline Advisor you will provide up-to-date, accurate and impartial information and support to those who contact us. You will need to respond sensitively to those who call, email, write and contact us via webchat and/or social media, who may be people with arthritis, their friends, carers, employers or healthcare professionals.
You will be supported through an on-going programme of coaching, updates and personal development, and with access to healthcare professional input. You will deliver the highest quality service, ensuring that we are responsive to our customer needs and strive to ensure that everyone who contacts us has had a positive experience of Versus Arthritis.
Working within a framework of customer-focused policies and processes, you will be part of a team that is committed to continuous improvement and will regularly contribute to the development of our service to meet evolving customer needs and expectations.
To provide greater opportunity for people to contact the helpline, the service is open 9am-8pm, Monday-Friday. A series of shift patterns will be in operation to cover the extended opening period and advisors are expected to work on a weekly rota of rotating shift patterns.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- At least 1-year experience in a counselling or advice-giving role and telephone helpline experience, in either a voluntary or paid capacity, preferably in a health-related or similar environment
- Experience of using contact center agent software and/or customer relationship management (CRM) databases
- Competent in MS Office skills (in particular Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Basic knowledge and experience of data protection and safeguarding procedures as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality sensitively and appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: able to communicate complex and sensitive issues with ease
- Using strong listening and communication skills with understanding and empathy to help you inform, challenge and influence effectively
- Strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care
- Proven ability to make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
1. a concise, up-to-date CV
2. along with a completed supporting statement document demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
Email your completed application by midnight on Sunday 17 February via the link on our website
Interviews expected: Thursday 28 February or Friday 1 March at Saffron House, London.
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156