NTD Programme Manager (2 year fixed term contract)
Job Title: NTD Programme Manager
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Office location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Sightsavers is recruiting for an NTD Programme Manager to lead on programmatic management for the implementation of NTD. The role will focus upon the trachoma elimination initiative and on integration of mass drug administration against NTDs. The role will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of programme targets, provision of programme management guidance and direct technical support to build the development of integrated NTD programmes and advocacy for the elimination of NTDs on a national basis.
This role is responsible for the following areas;
Strategic Programme Planning and Development
- Participating in strategic planning processes
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to scale up Trachoma Trichiasis management, integrated mass drug administration, FE initiatives and support to the five leading NTDs – trachoma, Ocho, lymphatic filariasis, soil transmitted helminths and schistosomiasis.
- Providing leadership and guidance in the mapping of NTDs in Tanzania
Country Programme Management
- Providing effective management, coordination, technical advice and resource allocation
- Supporting the country teams to establish and maintain effective relationships with the Ministry of Health and Social welfare (MoHSW) and other partners in order to advance sustainable national plans
- Identifying, developing and evaluating new approaches and tools for programme implementation.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Leading on supporting implementing country teams in developing a system for monitoring and evaluating NTD programme performance.
- Providing direction and support to assist country research teams
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances
- Building and maintaining meaningful working relationships with a variety of partners and other stakeholders at a national and international level
- Developing relationships with other NGOs to support funding and delivery of services
- Representing Sightsavers at appropriate forums
- Providing assistance in identifying possible funding sources to support programme delivery
- Working with TCO management team and global teams for new project design and donor engagements
- Assisting the wider project teams in disseminating information on NTD activities
The ideal candidate will have significant experience of strategic programme development and technical knowledge of two or more of the five leading NTDs. You will be expected to have experience of managing an integrated NTD programme ideally in an international context.
Please note that this is not an exhausting list of duties or requirements and this is an involved role. Please refer to the Job Description for further accountabilities and person specifications.
We anticipate that interviews will take place on 28/02/2019
Closing Date: 15 February 2019