Direct Marketing Manager - Individual Marketing
Age International is a charity focusing on age-friendly aid and development. We help older people around the world to overcome poverty, claim their rights and challenge discrimination. Age International is a subsidiary of Age UK and a member of the HelpAge global network.
Age International has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic direct marketer to develop their career further and make a significant difference to vulnerable older people in need.
We are looking for an excellent project manager with a good understanding of direct marketing channels including direct mail, DRTV and digital to help shape and deliver an ambitious new fundraising strategy to recruit new donors and keep them engaged.
We can offer:
* A varied and challenging role
* A friendly team and collaborative environment
* A commitment to development and learning
* A range of benefits including a very competitive pension scheme
* Manage the Individual Marketing programme with a particular focus on acquisition
* Monitor business plan and budget for your area of responsibility.
* Responsible for briefing, development, delivery of agreed campaigns and channels as well as managing financial and non-financial objectives.
* Work collaboratively with other team members and departments to ensure opportunities for innovation are explored
* Strive for improvement to business performance, supporter satisfaction and lifetime value
* Manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers.
* Responsible for effective line management of 1 Senior DM Executive
* Experience of managing successful acquisition and retention campaigns; experience of DRTV would be advantageous.
* Experience of working cross departmentally to deliver on campaigns' objectives
* Experience of managing multiple projects
* Excellent understanding of database marketing, analysis and segmentation
* Experience of managing direct marketing budgets
Skills & Knowledge
* Ability to critically assess concepts and copy
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.