International Finance Manager
CAMFED – The Campaign for Female Education – www.camfed.org is an international non-profit organization tackling poverty and inequality by supporting girls to go to school and succeed, and empowering young women to step up as leaders of change.
Since 1993, CAMFED’s innovative education programs in Zimbabwe, Zambia, Ghana, Tanzania and Malawi have directly supported more than 2.6 million students to attend primary and secondary school, and more than 5 million children have benefited from an improved learning environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
As a key member of the UK finance team you will be part of the global finance team working across 5 countries in Africa, the USA and Canada with responsibility for financial planning, management accounting, analysis and reporting. Specific areas of work include the following:
- Review of quarterly Financial Statements.
- Review of monthly Management Accounts for overseas offices.
- Review of financial reports and supporting documentation to Camfed’s portfolio of donors ensuring consistency and alignment to programmes and Impact reports and compliance with funders’ obligations.
- Review of international cash requirements and forecasts, and treasury management.
- Oversight of consolidated balance sheet reconciliations for Camfed’s group accounts.
- Work with overseas offices to develop annual financial plans and work plans.
- Work with overseas offices to ensure finance data is processed in the system according to the agreed timeframe.
- Lead the re-budgeting of donor contracts when required &/ or necessary.
- Lead the review of quarterly expenditure authorisations and ensure Value for Money is embedded in planning.
- Review of national funding portfolios.
- Oversight on quality control of accounting related input data going into the financial system.
- Review analysis of results through weekly, monthly and quarterly flash/ KPI reporting to inform decision making across Camfed.
- Line management responsibilities for Management Accountant and other Finance staff.
- Provide technical support, guidance and expertise to colleagues overseas.
- Any other duties as required.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a Finance discipline or similar.
- Demonstrable sense of logic, planning and excellent organisational skills.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and experience of at least one major accounting software.
- Excellent communication skills, initiative and enthusiasm and proven integrity.
- Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable knowledge of budget and project management.
- Ability to work in the UK.
- Working towards a professional Accountancy qualification / Part-qualified in a professional accountancy qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA).
- Interest in overseas development.