I'm working with a London based Children's Charity at the moment who are looking for a Media Officer on a permanent basis. The role is paying up to £28,000.
The main purpose of this role is to develop the Charity's reputation as the go to spokespeople in their sector as well as supporting the strengthening of the brand.
Reporting into the Marketing and Communications Manager this role will raise and maximise awareness of the Charity's life-saving research programmes and welfare projects as well as increasing their profile in the Media.
- Research, write and distribute press notices, media comments, features, blogs and letters to editors
- Proactively sell stories to the media and influencers
- Work closely with the PR agency to devise media strategies for communications and fundraising campaigns
- Arrange media interviews for representatives of the organisation
- Setup and establish and celebrity, influencer and high profile ambassador programme
- Maintain a detailed and GDPR compliant contact management system of all celebrity, influencer and ambassador contact details
- Prepare and brief spokespeople for media interviews
- Contribute and input into the overall communications calendar
- Provide regular reports on the success of campaigns
- Work with digital influencers to extend the reach of their media stories
- Develop and produce content for the website/social media accounts
Ideal candidates will display:
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Experience of working in a Media or Communications role
- Ability to proof read and edit copy
- Experience of producing written copy for various formats
- Experience of developing excellent relationships with the media
- Evaluating the success of campaigns
If you are interested in discussing the role in more detail please apply with an up to date CV.
Unfortunately due to the high number of applications we receive we will not be able to come back to all unsuccessful candidates so if we have not come back to you 1-2 weeks after you application unsuccessful. This is a fast moving role so please get in touch ASAP if you are interested.