Executive Director of Fundraising and Marketing
Do you want to be part of an organisation that fights for children every single day? Then join us as an Executive Director, an exciting opportunity to propel the Fundraising and Marketing Division further forward in its development cycle as the organisation begins its centenary in 2019.
In our Marketing and Fundraising division, we fight for children every single day. We inspire millions of people, from individuals to large corporates, to support our quest for change. We go the extra mile - and we don’t rest until the work is done.
As Executive Director of Fundraising and Marketing, you will lead the implementation of a three-year fundraising, marketing and brand strategy that underpins strategic goals to accelerate income growth and levels of supporter engagement. You will have full accountability for the development of SCUK’s commercial strategy and delivery of the income stream derived from mass market fundraising, corporate partnerships, philanthropy and retails, collectively £142 million annually alongside moving SCUK towards becoming a digital-first, brand-led organisation. In addition you will:
- Lead the transformation of the current fundraising model across SCUK’s three key constituencies; philanthropy, corporate partnerships and mass-market supporter base
- Oversee the delivery of the day to day commercial, operational and financial performance of the Division
- Ensure effective mass consumer engagement to grow the public’s support as they give, shop, campaign and volunteer for SCUK
- Provide strategic oversight to the Philanthropy pipeline, contributing to high level relationship management
- Provide strong strategic and operational leadership, ensuring a high degree of cohesion across all aspects of fundraising and marketing.
To be successful you will have a proven ability to lead large scale, multi-channel fundraising campaigns and/or high value partnerships. A natural people leader with a passion for pace and energising large teams, you should also have a high degree of personal and professional resilience. A creative flair coupled with strong commercial acumen is also essential. In addition you will have:
- A proven ability to contribute to the wider organisational strategy and participate in key decision-making processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to frame messages fit for purpose, audience, channel or media
- Outstanding influencing and relationship management skills
- The personal credibility and professional gravitas to influence, challenge and negotiate at ELT level, internally and externally.
At Save the Children we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work with children are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks including a criminal records disclosure.
Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. If you share our mission, are passionate about making it happen and strongly believe you can contribute then join us and we'll give you every opportunity to succeed. We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply please visit our website.
Closing date: 3rd February
1st Interviews: 5th February
2nd Interviews: w/c 11th February
Final Interviews: 28th February
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.