Title: Fundraising Co-ordinator
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 pro rata
Hours: 3 days a week (22.5 hours)
Contract period: Permanent
Place of work: Action on Disability (AoD), Normand Croft School, Lillie Road, London SW6 7SR
Accountable to: Chief Executive
Action on Disability (AoD), founded in 1979, is one of London’s leading Disabled People’s Organisations. As we believe in the Social Model of Disability, our values and principles embrace inclusive and accessible ways of working, both internally and in all our activities, to seek the participation and contribution of our members.
The organisation is a medium-sized charity with a Board of Trustees, 24 staff and a strong ad hoc staff and volunteer base, including many with direct experience of disability - all of whom are passionate about removing the barriers that disabled people face.
AoD provides five key services/departments. These are: Youth, Employment, Welfare Benefits, Independent Living and Advocacy.
This is a very exciting opportunity to work closely with the SMT of a medium, but growing, charity in order to devise, implement and develop a successful fundraising strategy in a brand new role. This will also bring new fundraising skills, knowledge and experience to an environment that will encourage and support the post holder’s ideas. At a pivotal time of growth, we are looking for an experienced charity professional with a proven ability to lead on fundraising and development, and have a major impact on the next stage of the organisation’s success.
A successful track record of experience in the following areas is essential:
- Achieving major grant funding from trusts, foundations, lottery distributors, public sector agencies or similar.
- Planning and developing successful fundraising strategies and action plans.
- Winning contract tenders
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To work closely with the CEO and senior management team to identify a range of fundraising opportunities.
- To develop the organisation’s fundraising strategy to support the short, medium and long-term sustainability of the organisation.
- To achieve agreed income targets from a broad portfolio of fundraising streams, including corporate support, individual donors, trusts and foundations and community fundraising.
- To prepare quality and suitability costed applications for bids, grants and tenders.
- To support applications with research, data and other relevant materials including needs assessments and evaluations.
- To monitor and forecast on a regular basis and taking remedial action when necessary.
- To ensure all community supporters are given the highest level of customer care and that all enquiries and requests for support are responded to quickly and effectively.
- To raise awareness of AoD through local networking and utilising local media channels to achieve press and PR targets.
- To be an active member of the senior management team, contributing to the strategic development of the organisation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 24th February 2019
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to apply and find out more about this position, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the job description and application form.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
Action on Disability positively welcomes applications from disabled people.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Marketing Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Management Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business Development & Commercial Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)
- PR & Communications Social Care & Welfare Part Time jobs in London (Central)