Major Donor & Legacies Manager
The National Holocaust Centre and Museum (NHCM) is the only organisation dedicated to Holocaust remembrance and education in the UK and it plays a unique role as a memorial, a museum, a place of testimony, and of learning. Our educational programmes have national significance, we have ambitious plans to redevelop the museum site and have created new, unique interactive exhibitions that have attracted support from individuals and major institutions.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding individual into the post of Major Gifts and Legacies Manager. With clearly developed plans for the future, this position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to play a pivotal role in a unique institution.
Summary of Job Description:
- Develop and implement a refreshed major donor strategy for NHCM. This will include: prospect cultivation and management, developing solicitation plans, building funding proposals, planning and managing major donor meetings and events and supporting and leading high-level ‘asks’.
- Implement a prospect pipeline and manage major supporters and major donor prospects.
- Systematically grow the Centre’s network of long-term donors and benefactors, generating income to ensure the Centre’s on-going sustainability, fund new projects and contribute to the successful delivery of a major redevelopment of the museum site.
- Personally manage a portfolio of donors giving, or with the potential to give, major gifts and legacies primarily through face to face meetings, telephone contact and personal correspondence.
- Build, develop and deliver a first-class account management system for individual major donors and legacy supporters.
This role will be based at our Museum site in Laxton, Nottinghamshire with some flexibility for home working.
Further information about our work and a detailed Job Description can be downloaded using the link provided.
Apply by CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for this role.