Location: London or Chesterfield
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £33,000 pa (under review) + Benefits
Contract type: Fixed term, 12 months
Closing date: by midnight on Monday 4 February 2019
Download the job description and person specification from our website
The Finance & Procurement team are responding to the needs of our changing organisation by ensuring our systems, processes and support are appropriate for our stakeholders. There are several projects that the Finance & Procurement team will implement over the remainder of the current strategy to 2020 to enable and support the ambitions of Versus Arthritis. We are looking for an efficient Systems Accountant to join the team who will fully maintain and support the implementation of future arrangements for systems administration.
About the role
The Systems Accountant will maintain and develop the Finance & Procurement software systems and associated processes to meet organisational requirements. The role requires working closely with the Finance & Procurement and ICT teams to plan, manage and support system upgrades and implementations whilst acting as the main point of contact.
As a Systems Accountant you will represent the Finance and Procurement team in key ICT related projects and work closely with a range of colleagues and stakeholders, providing support, delivering specialist training, reviewing and designing system workflows and exploring enhanced forecasting systems.
- Considerable experience of working within an accounting environment including development of financial reporting systems, procedures and controls. Highly numerate and analytical, with ability to interpret and present data clearly.
- Excellent information technology skills including advanced Excel and a good understanding of databases, data uploads, extraction, and interfaces with other systems.
- Experience of managing, delivering and supporting a variety of challenging projects including technical, systems and controls.
- Professional confidence and excellent communication skills (written, visual and verbal) including the ability to explain complex ideas and principles to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of working in a similar role with the ability to apply problem solving skills and take responsibility for resolving issues.
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, suggesting and implementing innovative solutions, understanding customer needs and adapt service levels to take account of practicalities.
- Excellent team working skills including the ability to contribute proactively and supportively to the delivery of team initiatives.
- Experience of successfully integrating finance systems with other in-house systems (e.g. purchase ordering, travel & expense management, payroll).
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
1. a concise, up-to-date CV
2. along with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification.
3. Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by midnight on Monday 4 February 2019 via the link on our website.
Interviews expected Thursday 14 February 2019 at our Chesterfield office.
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156