Job Title: Development Director
Hours: Full time/ permanent
Salary: £62,583 pa
Location: Poole – covering Dorset and Wiltshire
We are working in partnership with Julia’s House to recruit a Development Director. Julia’s House provides specialist care for seriously ill children and respite for their families. This is an exciting opportunity with responsibility for all fundraising and communications and a growing annual income of nearly £9m. The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a fundraising team leader, with a proven background of taking a charity to the next level
- An excellent track record of income in at least four areas of fundraising (either corporate, major donors, trusts/grants, community, direct marketing, retail, lotteries, legacies, social capital finance or capital appeals)
- Proven ability to network at very senior level with top corporate executives, wealthy individuals, and Patrons
- Experience of devising and implementing strategy in fundraising, sales, marketing, advertising and PR
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a successful team, clearly demonstrating good organisational values and behaviours
The successful candidate will report to the CEO and as a member of the senior management team, you will be results-orientated, innovative and strategic, but prepared to be hands-on when required. You will have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join a charity with a high quality leadership culture. If you feel you have the drive and passion to succeed in this role, please send details to Jill Livingstone, email@example.com quoting our reference JO1619.
Julia’s House offers a range of benefits including pension scheme, 30 days annual holiday plus 8 bank holidays, cycle to work scheme and Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date for applications: 28 February 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 11 March 2019