Head of Children and Young Peoples Services
Head of Children and Young Peoples (CYP) Services
Circa £50,000 Per Annum
37 hours per week (part-time could be considered)
Response has been successfully providing housing and support in the community for adults with mental health needs for over 40 years. Working in partnership with NHS England Oxfordshire CAMHS we are now taking our experience one step further developing a brand new and enterprising service delivering high quality mental health interventions in schools and community settings. This is just the start of our venture and we are looking for someone to shape and develop Response’s CYP strategy over the next 5 years.
The Head of Children and Young Peoples (CYP) Services Role
Key objectives will be to:
- Lead on the development, delivery and overall management of CAMHs Mental Health in Schools Teams in Oxfordshire to ensure Schools have access to targeted support for managing pupils with MH difficulties.
- Develop, manage and motivate individuals and teams to effectively operate within a multi-cultural disciplinary ethos.
- Oversee CYP 3rd sector partnerships and represent Response in the CYP arena.
- Develop and deliver the ‘house’ project care leavers pilot in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council.
- Build strong working relationships with young people, employees, internal and external partners.
The post holder will work closely with Schools, statutory services including local authorities and other stakeholders to ensure delivery of quality services to school communities, children and their families in greatest need. There will be an opportunity to develop and grow in this role with frequent interactions within Response and the wider mental health community.
Requirements for the Head of Children and Young Peoples (CYP) Services Role
The appointee will need to have had similar experience in a managerial role within mental health, children’s social care, and housing or education services and have an understanding of social issues affecting the lives of children and young people.
Closing date: Monday 28th January 2019
If you feel you are suitable for our Head of Children and Young Peoples (CYP) Services position, please apply now.