Corporate Sponsorship & Partnerships Manager
Job Title: Corporate Sponsorship & Partnerships Manager
Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: £42,153 - £45,643 inclusive of London Weighting (dependent on experience) plus comprehensive benefits
Location: ZSL, Regent’s Park, London, NW1
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering - working for wildlife.
ZSL has launched a new strategy, ZSL 200, that will lead us into our 3rd century, achieving impact in three priority areas: Wildlife & People, Wildlife Health and Wildlife Back from the Brink. Corporate Partnerships are an integral part of that strategy. We have achieved so much already, but our ambitions for Corporate Partnerships go beyond what we’ve done before. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Partnerships, the Corporate Sponsorship & Partnerships Manager is responsible for leading on the delivery and growth of sponsorship across the Society; identifying, developing, implementing and managing new partnerships that deliver income plus conservation impact.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead on the growth and delivery of sponsorship activity across ZSL.
- Proactively develop relationships, internally and externally that support and contribute to positive partnership outcomes.
- Undertake research to identify potential sponsors ensuring that all corporate sponsors meet the requirements of ZSL’s ethical engagement policy and guidelines.
- Produce and deliver high quality, creative, bespoke presentations for prospective partners and sponsors that reflect different levels of support / interest.
- Promote ZSL sponsorship / partnership opportunities at key conferences and networking events.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline progress chart which shows real-time status of targeted businesses.
- Identify, secure and activate new partners and sponsors.
- Provide day to day account management to ensure that activity comes in on schedule and as planned.
- Track the effectiveness of sponsorship campaigns and provide detailed analysis on key success measures demonstrating ROI.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A demonstrable track record of sponsorship rights valuation, proposition development, negotiation, engagement, activation and project management.
- Significant experience of developing and selling sponsorship packages preferably with a rights holder or agency.
- Confidence in presenting to senior level decision makers both internal and external.
- Proven track record of achieving financial targets.
- Sound knowledge of corporate fundraising approaches, methods and channels and an understanding of when to use which approach for the benefit of the charity and the organisation.
- Understanding and experience of the main points that need to be dealt with when preparing partnership and sponsorship contracts including but not limited to intellectual property rights and obligations of the rights holder and the partner/sponsor.
- Knowledge of the Charities Act 2016 and Code of Fundraising Practice and recognised standards.
- Background knowledge of key issues in conservation is highly desirable in order to facilitate dual track engagement with corporates (conservation impact and fundraising).
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), permanent position reporting to the Head of Corporate Partnerships. The post will be based at ZSL’s head office in Regents Park however, may occasionally require the post holder to work some evenings and weekends when required. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 20th January 2019.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more about this position, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application.
We are committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Campaigning Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Business Development & Commercial Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- PR & Communications Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)