Performance and Planning Manager
Location: London or Chesterfield – with travel between sites
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 pa - dependent on location (under review) + Benefits
Contract type: minimum 12 months maternity cover
Closing date: by 5pm on Monday 28 January 2018
Download the job description and person specification from our website
We are Versus Arthritis. We are fundraisers, programme managers, volunteers, administrators, editors and accountants all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. Together, we won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
We are recruiting for a Performance and Planning Manager (maternity cover) to join our team of people driving our transformation and who are passionate, committed, collaborative and ambitious.
This role sits in the performance and planning team who are responsible for co-leading and supporting strategy development; monitoring and reporting on organisational performance; championing and embedding programme and project management and are committed to supporting continuous learning and improvement.
About the role
This exciting role is primarily responsible for the monitoring and reporting on organisational performance (against key indicators and organisational objectives), engaging colleagues in the analysis of issues, barriers to progress and opportunities to improve our organisational effectiveness, efficiency and sustainability.
You will be:
- working with colleagues from across the charity
- providing supportive challenge and input to our programme of transformation as Versus Arthritis
- supporting business area managers and project sponsors and managers in planning and establishing meaningful targets and key performance indicators.
- managing the production of our quarterly performance reports and supporting analysis
- introducing new agreed products and processes to enable clearer, simpler reporting on our organization performance
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience of corporate performance monitoring and reporting, business planning and supporting organisational change.
- Understanding of trends, latest thinking and good practice in business planning and corporate performance management.
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Excellent numerical, statistical and analytical skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good relationship building skills
- High level of IT literacy
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
Email your completed application by 5pm on Monday 28 January via the link on our website.
Interviews expected: Friday 8 February in London
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about what we do, working for us and what we offer on our website.
Promoting Equality in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156