Trustee with financial expertise
Trustee with financial experience sought by early years charity based in Watford, to work with and possibly succeed our current Treasurer in 2022. Experience in HR and/or communication and marketing would be a bonus.
Early Education is an incorporated charity and UK-wide membership organisation which promotes high quality early childhood education and supports early years practitioners throughout the UK. Our small staff team is based in Watford.
We seek a trustee with previous experience in financial management to strengthen the skills base of our Board. Experience of fundraising, marketing and communications and/or human resources would be an advantage. Experience as a charity trustee is desirable.
You will support the Board of Trustees and Finance and General Purposes Committee (F&GP) in scrutinising the charity’s financial affairs. Our current Treasurer has just been appointed for a further 3-year term; we will seek to identify a successor at least a year in advance. There will therefore be opportunities to transition into this role for the right candidate.
The Board meets four times a year, as does F&GP; you should able to commit to attending these meeting (in Watford) and undertaking the general duties of a trustees.
We are keen to increase the diversity of the Board, and therefore would particularly welcome applications from men, and people from minority ethnic communities.
- to be a member of the Board of Trustees and of the Finance and General Purposes Committee
- to work with and support the Treasurer to ensure that adequate financial controls are in place and that the organisation operates within a sound financial framework
- to work with and support the Treasurer and senior staff who have responsibility for financial matters, in order to be satisfied that the financial information presented is comprehensive and accurate
- commitment to the organisation with willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to perform an effective role
- sound financial skills and experience and ideally knowledge of HR, fundraising and/or marketing and communications
- the ability to communicate complex financial information clearly and without unnecessary jargon
- strategic vision and ability to think creatively
- understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- good, independent judgement
- tact and diplomacy, impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
- good communication and interpersonal skills
To apply please write and tell us how you match the fit the person specification and job description and what you would do for Early Education. Your application should be no more than two sides of A4 with the details of two referees. Please email to Beatrice Merrick, Chief Executive at email@example.com
The closing date is flexible.