Our client is currently looking for an employment co-ordinator who has good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills. The role will be based in Prestwich, Manchester however, travel may be required between local properties.
This is a part-time role and you will be expected to work 33 hours per week. The post holder may on occasion be required to work evenings, weekends and/or bank holidays in accordance with client need.
It was founded 25 years ago, and their services have steadily grown. They now help over 100 young Jewish adults, providing education, supported living and employment services. They are proud that their members lead independent lives that, without them, they could only dream about.
• To provide a personalised support service to enable young Jewish adults with learning difficulties to identify and maintain suitable and meaningful employment.
• To develop their member’s individual skills, motivation and confidence and to promote employment opportunities as well as deliver the “Employment Course” (LEC).
• To provide an “In Work” support service through a variety of options including regular face to face visits, mentoring, job coaching and telephone contact.
• To support their members to progress onto employment by providing encouragement, learning/development planning & supportive opportunities, effective mentoring and guidance.
• Working with each their member to produce a CV and interview preparation to assist with job applications. Supporting their members to research/find suitable job vacancies for themselves.
• To have an understanding of the current benefits system and the Permitted Work regulations of the Department of Works & Pensions, ensuring that their people comply with statutory notifications of earnings and take full advantage of tax and Government incentives.
• To undertake monitoring visits, phone calls and reviews with the employer to ensure that the work placement is meeting their needs and expectations.
• To review the work placement at regular intervals.
You should be able to demonstrate:
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Good organisational skills
• An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities
• Ability to handle confidential information
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
• An understanding of the role of this Sector and its work with minority groups and be sensitive towards the Jewish culture and religion
• Working with people with learning difficulties/disabilities.
• Previous experience supporting people into employment would be preferable but is not essential.
If you are looking for a fresh challenge, enjoy engaging with people, have a real desire to make a difference to someone’s life and the skills required to help them deliver a high level of service to their Members, then they want to hear from you.
They offer competitive terms and conditions which includes a competitive basic salary, access to a pension scheme, 20 days annual leave per year plus public holidays and 3 Jewish holidays pro rata.
(Please note this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring service if you are successful after interview.)
Salary: £20,000 - £21,500 per annum
Please apply online attaching your CV and a covering letter.
Apply for Employment Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Management Disability Part Time jobs in Manchester
- Administration Disability Part Time jobs in Manchester
- Operations & Service Delivery Disability Part Time jobs in Manchester
- Business Development & Commercial Disability Part Time jobs in Manchester
- PR & Communications Disability Part Time jobs in Manchester