Job Description | Programmes Advisor
Impact Hub King’s Cross is expanding its core team, following series of successful years, and is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Programmes Advisor to join our core team. This is a great opportunity for someone with the ability to co-ordinate programme delivery and who wishes to strengthen her/his skills as a business advisor within the social enterprise sector.
The Programmes Advisor will be responsible for running two or more programmes, including project management, delivery and reporting/evaluation activities.
The successful candidate will report to one of our Senior Programmes Managers and energetically support the Programmes team as well as working with our Community Manager to add value to the Impact Hub King’s Cross members’ experience.
This role is offered either full-time (37.5 hours per week) or 4 days a week (30 hours per week) which is likely to require some evening and weekend work (time off in lieu will be offered). We are open to flexible working arrangements such as job share arrangements for the right candidates, and encourage working from home part of the time.
The contract is for 1 year, renewable with a 3-month probation period.
Starting Salary: £25,000 (pro rata if necessary), plus pension and profit share.
Impact Hub Kings Cross
Our purpose is to catalyse entrepreneurial action for a better world. We do this by supporting and promoting social entrepreneurship, through a collaborative community of like-minded members in a shared workspace, supported by community events and a range of business support and programmes from early-stage incubation to scaling, delivered by us or in conjunction with partner organisations.
Impact Hub King’s Cross is part of a global network of Impact Hubs whose mission is to inspire and support social innovators to realise imaginative initiatives for a better world. Impact Hubs do this by offering flexible membership of highly resourced places for innovators to access space, connections, knowledge and investment.
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter outlining why you are perfect for the role, and how you meet the person specification to: email@example.com. Please use the subject heading: Programmes Advisor
Deadline for application: 8.30am Monday 28th January 2019
We hope to let shortlisted applicants know by the end of 31st Jan
Interviews will take place on 8th February (please keep this date free)
Start date: as soon as possible after interviews
Due to the level of applications expected, we regret that we may only be able to reply to successful applicants.
The Programmes Advisor will be responsible for:
- Delivery of one or more programmes for social entrepreneurs, including project management and tracking, recruitment of participants, mentors and experts, publicity and marketing, event/workshop organisation and delivery, enterprise diagnostics, business advice, stakeholder management and reporting/evaluation;
- Working closely with Impact Hub Global and other Impact Hubs to deliver collaborative programmes;
- Contributing to planning and partnership building activity to develop new programmes, workshops, events and other services at Impact Hub King’s Cross, particularly those around starting up or growing social enterprises;
- Member capacity building: work with the Community Manager to engage the Impact Hub King’s Cross community, assess members’ needs and offer opportunities to help them develop their business and social impact;
- Identifying opportunities for partnership working for Impact Hub King’s Cross members and Programme participants;
- Contribute to the Impact Hub King’s Cross members’ mentoring scheme;
- Contributing to the Development and Programmes Teams to ensure high standards of design and delivery in our business support offerings;
- Contributing to the achievement of financial targets by fostering membership sales and by promoting and delivering business services and contracts.
- Experience in supporting small scale enterprises to start up or grow
- The ability to diagnose and advise on both practical and strategic improvements to business growth
- Experience of working successfully in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in project management and reporting, particularly for an advice or mentoring programme
- A positive attitude towards the public
- Exceptional communication skills both in person and online, in writing and verbally
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the social economy and values driven business
- Experience of working with migrants or refugees
- Experience and contacts in sustainability, waste reduction or clean water projects
- Experience of having run your own small business
- Experience of writing and delivering business plans
- Events and workshop programming and events management experience
- Ability to design and develop new programmes and services suitable for social entrepreneurs
- Contacts within social enterprise sector organisations and awareness of opportunities for social enterprises in London
- Are a confident self-starter, persistent and patient
- Thrive in a small team with an entrepreneurial feel
- Have values driven approach to your work
- Are a confident multi-tasker
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Are motivated by delivering high quality outputs, often to tight deadlines
- Can operate in an environment characterised by change
- Are keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the business