Interim Communications Officer
I'm working with a London based Charity at the moment who are looking for a Communications Officer on a contract basis of 3 months. The role will be paying up to £28,000 (pro rata).
This position has a key role in supporting the strengthening of the brand of the Charity as well as expanding and building Media/Press profile.
Reporting into the Head of Communications this role will coordinate media activity to help grow their profile and recruit volunteers alongside supporting the Head of Communications with other projects including gathering content and developing publicity materials.
- Act as press officer for the charity and respond to media enquiries
- Proactively generate media coverage in order to raise the profile of the charity
- Support service teams across the UK, local and regional media requirements
- Writing press releases, statements
- Monitor the news agenda/look for relevant opportunities to respond to through news
Ideal candidates will display:
- Experience of working in a Media or Communications role
- Proven track record of writing press releases and engaging with journalists
- Experience of writing and editing high-quality, clear, persuasive, highly engaging copy for different audiences and formats
- Understanding the voluntary sector
The Charity offers flexible working, and the option to work full-time or part-time. Please be aware that if you interested in working part-time (3 days per week), you would be earning £16,800 (pro rata) rather than the £28,000 (pro rata).
If you are interested in discussing the role in more detail please apply with an up to date CV.
Unfortunately due to the high number of applications we receive we will not be able to come back to all unsuccessful candidates so if we have not come back to you 1-2 weeks after you application unsuccessful. This is a fast moving role so please get in touch ASAP if you are interested.