Office and Finance Manager
This is an important and exciting role in a small, focused charity suitable for a professional office manager with finance and bookkeeping experience. We are looking for a confident, passionate individual who has strong IT skills, is experienced in financial management, well organised and able to communicate professionally and effectively at all levels.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will be responsible for the efficient and smooth running of the office, provide administrative support to the CEO, staff team, and board of trustees and support the work of the trust. You will become involved in everything from the services we provide to our fundraising activities and members' events.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day to day financial records of the charity including bookkeeping, invoicing, budget reporting, banking, reconciliations and the line management of one member of staff.
The main responsibilities cover:
• Office and Information Management
• Finance and bookkeeping
• Trustee and staff support
• Event management
For further details please see the Job Description below and the attached Person Specification.
1. Office and Information management
• Managing the day-to-day efficient running of the office
• Line Management of the administrative assistant
• Ensuring efficient systems are in place for the management of information and communication within the trust.
• Updating the database and running queries and reports as necessary
• Supporting any office volunteers.
• Acting as the first point of contact in the office, answering calls, email enquiries, fulfilling information requests and directing enquiries to the most appropriate source of help.
• Nominated health and safety representative.
2. Finance and Bookkeeping
• Monitoring income, including banking donations, coding and accurate record keeping.
• Managing expenditure, including raising cheques and arranging bank transfers for paying invoices. Processing all invoices and requests for payment and resolving all supplier enquiries.
• Keeping track of bank balances, checking interest rates of accounts and updating bank account mandates and signatories.
• Recording financial transactions on both CRM and financial systems.
• Working alongside external finance person to ensure timely and accurate management accounts and financial reporting.
• Ensuring financial policies and procedures are accurate and up to date.
3. Trustee and staff support
• With CEO, manage the administration of the recruitment and induction of new staff and trustees.
• Preparing, printing and circulating papers for the board meetings and support for the sub committees as required.
• Supporting the recruitment and induction of the trustee board.
• Supporting the staff team and managing the administration for the team meetings.
• Taking the lead in organising our highly successful biannual Members Weekend
• Organising internal meetings and events.
• Providing admin support for all member and national events.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, please press the apply button below and upload your CV along with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience match the role. The deadline for applications is 31st January however we will be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as possible so don’t delay your application.