Corporate and Major Gifts Manager
Retina UK occupies a unique position in the fight against inherited sight loss. We specialise in funding cutting edge research into inherited retinal conditions and offer dedicated support and information to the thousands of people living with these conditions.
Inherited sight loss is caused by a range of genetic conditions and affects tens of thousands of people in the UK alone. Diagnosis can be made at any age, often in children and young people. It is the most common cause of sight loss in people of working age.
To date we have invested more than £16.5 million into ground breaking research. We are proud to support some of the best scientists and clinicians in the fields of ophthalmology and genetics. A huge amount of time, effort and resource has been invested into the organisation in recent years and there should be no doubt that we’re poised for significant and strategic growth.
To develop relationships with major donors and corporate supporters, generating income from both existing and new contacts.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for income targets for major donor and corporate fundraising.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive plan to develop major donor and corporate fundraising in order to increase the number of funders, strategic partnerships and net income, ensuring that this is sustainable for the future by building a pipeline of potential donors.
- Lead on the new ‘Giving Club’, including recruitment and stewardship, with support from the Fundraising Coordinator.
- Deliver a programme of applications for corporate partnerships.
- Work with the Senior Fundraising Manager to develop and refine cases for support for both existing work and new development activity.
- Plan and implement donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities, with support from the Fundraising Coordinator.
- Retain and develop existing relationships and ensure that appropriate account management is in place to build long term partnerships.
- Deliver events suitable for engaging with major donors and corporate supporters.
- Work with the Fundraising Events Manager to generate corporate teams for running and challenge events.
- Work with the Fundraising Events Manager and Services Team to secure corporate sponsorship for suitable events.
- Facilitate and support employee fundraising activities for corporate supporters when required.
- Undertake prospect research and qualify and prioritise prospects.
- Set up systems and processes to support effective and efficient fundraising.
- Work with the Senior Fundraising Manager to set income and expenditure targets and monitor progress against these, maximising return on investment and reforecasting as required.
- Provide reporting, evaluation and analysis of major donor and corporate fundraising activity.
- Contribute to organisational and fundraising-wide planning.
- Keep up to date with fundraising best practise, policy and relevant legislation.
- Work with the Communications & PR Manager on the production of fundraising materials and supporter communications relevant to the major donor and corporate income streams.
- Protect the reputation of the charity and ensure that we maintain excellent working relationships with external organisations.
- Ensure the maintenance of the fundraising pages of the website relating to major donor and corporate giving and that the information is accurate, enticing and motivating and to contribute towards web, marketing and brand development projects.