Fundraising Manager LinkAble
Part time Salary £25,000 to 30,000 FTE (dependent on experience)
37.5 hours per week if full time, applicants able to offer 0.6 and 0.8 FTE are welcome to apply
LinkAble is a small charity providing a wide range of social and recreational activities for children and adults with a broad range of learning disabilities in Woking and Surrey Heath. Based in a purpose built building near Woking town centre, the Charity has been established for more than 25 years and works with over 300 service users, encouraging them to achieve their maximum potential and to become part of their community.
The charity celebrates its 30th Anniversary this year and we are seeking a driven and motivated individual with an ambitious, innovative and proactive approach to fundraising. We are seeking to use the charity's anniversary to raise the profile of the charity on social media (ideally doubling our followers) and increasing the number of service users. You will be responsible for all aspects of income generation including corporate, community, trusts foundations, individual giving and capital appeals. The role will be expected to develop new income streams to support the future work of the charity and ensure sustainability. You will also lead on all marketing & communications in helping to grow the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- To deliver against targets for income and expenditure as agreed annually
- To write trust and foundation applications and reports, maximising income
- To create long term, beneficial relationships within the Woking/Surrey Heath area
- To seek out new opportunities, both online and offline, to raise the profile of charity and promote its work
- To oversee the production of marketing materials
- To support with the organisation and running of events
Applicants should have:
- At least three years experience gained in a fundraising role and specifically experience with Trust fundraising
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of corporate fundraising activity including employee fundraising, sponsorship, events and strategic partnerships
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering funding proposals and pitches with the ability to think creatively
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to use your own initiative and work independently to spot, develop and maximise opportunities
- Strong consultative and negotiation skills
- Creativity, determination, tenacity and persuasiveness
- Excellent organisational, planning and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise and juggle conflicting demands
- A successful track record of raising income from within a fundraising context, or a background in marketing & communications with demonstrable skills that are relevant and transferable
- The ability to work collaboratively, especially within the context of a small charity, where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves!
Candidates should note that occasional weekend/evening working is essential in this role.
Complete the application form and provide a supporting statement (maximum two sides of A4) highlighting your relevant experience and skills in relation to the role.
Applications can be submitted by email to HR@linkable.org.uk or by post to Shirley Formby, HR Manager, LinkAble, The Link, 2 Board School Road, Woking, GU21 5HE.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact Alison Keeley or Shirley Formby at LinkAble on 01483 770037.
The closing date for applications is 28th January 2019.
Interviews are expected to take place on 4th February 2019.