Senior Finance Manager
About Emergency Nutrition Network (ENN)
ENN’s vision is that every individual caught up in a nutritional emergency or suffering from malnutrition anywhere in the world, gets the most effective help possible. ENN undertakes knowledge management, research and advocacy to support national governments, civil society, UN,
donor and academic organisations. Through these collaborations we support agencies to implement evidence-based nutrition programming, predominantly in low- and middle-income countries and in fragile and conflict affected states.
With a turnover of between £1 and £2 million per annum, ENN is a small but effective and well-respected charity with an excellent reputation amongst nutrition stakeholders. ENN’s main office is in Oxford, UK and we have a London sub-office and three team members located in India, Senegal
ENN’s technical work is driven by five Technical Directors (TDs) who are senior nutrition specialists, all of whom are home-based. One TD is responsible for strategic oversight (TD-S). The Operations and Finance Director works closely with the TD team to ensure the smooth running of ENN’s support functions. An established team of 12 ENN personnel and a number of associates (experienced consultants) help deliver on our portfolio of work. ENN is governed by a Board of Trustees.
Purpose of the role
To provide sound management of the charity’s finances and provide staff and trustees with financial analysis to aid in decision making and reduce financial risk.
This position also acts as Company Secretary.
- Lead financial management and accounting.
- Assist the Directors in the strategic management of the charity.
- Provide statutory charity financial statements and accounts.
- Manage the audit process (organisation and donor-specific).
- Manage cash flow. Foresee and address potential problems.
- Generate timely reports, projections and analysis to enable the senior management team to evaluate performance, make strategic decisions and inform short and longer-term fundraising priorities.
- Produce donor-specific and trustee financial reports.
- Work with senior colleagues to identify and manage finance related risks.
- Ensure the charity gains maximum value from its financial resources.
- Ensure finance and associated IT systems are reliable and cost effective.
- Co-ordinate financial input into long term operational and strategic planning.
- Design and implement budgeting processes, financial systems and international payment mechanisms.
- Ensure that financial systems meet the needs of overseas field work with implementing partners.
- Produce organisational and donor specific budgets and associated narrative in funding proposals in collaboration with project support staff and project managers.
- Work closely with the project and office management teams to ensure high finance and administration standards.
- Manage finance staff (currently one finance assistant).
The Senior Finance Manager will report to the Operations and Finance Director. The successful applicant must have both the initiative and the ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy with limited supervision.
Please submit a CV and covering letter with the reference of ‘Senior Finance Manager’ in the title.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 7th February 2019 at midday
Interviews: Monday 18th February 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview. Please note only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK at the time of applying.