Universal Credit Adviser
Universal Credit Adviser
Fixed-term contract to 31 March 2020.
Hours: 35 per week (part time would be considered)
Salary: £22,000 per annum
We have an exciting opportunity for 5 Universal Credit Advisers to join our team.
Citizens Advice Liverpool are delivering an end-to-end claims support service which will be nationally consistent and provide high-quality advice for first time Universal Credit claimants. Universal Credit is our fastest growing advice issue and the evidence collected by the Citizens Advice network shows us people need more practical support to make and manage their Universal Credit claim.
The successful candidates will provide end to end face to face, telephone and Web chat support for Universal Credit claimants. You will guide people through the claims process - offering tailored support to help them use the flexibilities available in Universal Credit, helping them to get their first payment on time and making sure they’re ready to manage it when it arrives. You will also identify appropriate referrals for advice needs outside the scope of this project.
If you are not the finished article, but you are motivated, have a willingness to learn and an interest in multi-channel advice delivery then we may consider a trainee position to develop your skills.
As the successful candidate, you’ll demonstrate, among other things:
- Ability to give advice, identify clients problems and seek to resolve them.
- Ability to interpret complex information and convey it in a way that is understandable to clients.
- Assist with research and campaigns works by providing information about clients’ circumstances
- Ability to support others in using online systems and resources through a variety of channels such as face to face, telephone and webchat.
- Flexibility to travel between and work from a number of locations across Liverpool between 8am-8pm during the course of the week.
To apply to join us, please find the recruitment pack and application form on our website via the Apply button.
Closing Date for Applications: 10am Wednesday 9th January 2019
Interviews will be held the week of 14th January 2019
Citizens Advice Liverpool recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic people, as they are currently under represented in our workforce.