About the role
Leading UK charity Arthritis Action is looking for a creative fundraiser who is excited about coming up with new fundraising ideas and initiatives. This is a varied role which involves developing and implementing the Charity's new fundraising strategy.
You will have responsibility for organising various fundraising events and working with our Arthritis Action Groups to fundraise in their local communities. You will also attend networking events to help raise the profile of Arthritis Action.
Key Responsibilities – the role will include but not be limited to:
• Implementing the Charity’s fundraising strategy and developing new ideas.
• Keeping abreast of fundraising opportunities across a broad sweep of potential sources of income, including donations, events, and grants.
• Organising fundraising events and leveraging legacy fundraising through the Charity’s Members and the general public.
• Developing and keeping up to date the parts of the website relevant to fundraising and merchandising, and using other digital opportunities for fundraising.
• Ensuring that effective systems and processes are in place to manage/track fundraising performance, and actively monitoring income performance.
• Representing the Charity at events to promote fundraising, travelling as appropriate within London and the rest of the UK.
• Ensuring that the Charity meets its legal obligations with regards to fundraising, adheres to the Code of Fundraising Practice, and maintains its reputation through its fundraising activities, whilst amending any documents/activities if needed.
• Raise Arthritis Action’s profile by networking with relevant organisations across the UK and look for new fundraising opportunities in areas we have clusters of Members and Arthritis Action Groups.
• Attend conferences to raise Arthritis Action’s profile and learn new ways to raise funds.
• Write fundraising copy for the website, eNews, the Magazine and social media channels.
• Undertake other tasks relevant to the level of this position within the organisation.
The post will be located in the office at Victoria. The address is: 56 Buckingham Gate, 2nd Floor, London SW1E 6AE.
Experience & Skills
Degree level qualification or equivalent.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, demonstrating knowledge of a broad range of fundraising activities.
Experience of developing and implementing fundraising strategies in line with an organisation’s vision, values and strategic objectives.
Experience of establishing and running fundraising projects, and a track record of managing a range of income sources with successful outcomes.
Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to write in Plain English for a range of audiences.
Experience of monitoring and evaluating fundraising activity.
Commitment to Arthritis Action’s vision, mission and brand values.
An understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities and diversity – and the commitment to promote high standards of conduct, integrity and probity.
Experience of digital fundraising – desirable.
Database experience – desirable.
Experience of managing budgets – desirable.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent customer service and inter-personal skills.
A self-starter, able to work on own initiative where required.
Enthusiastic team-player with a can-do attitude.
Able and willing to travel within the UK.
How to apply
Applications should be in the form of a CV with a covering letter explaining your interest in and suitability for the role. Please provide both email and telephone contact information for yourself.
Applications should be received by 12pm on Monday 4th February 2019 at the latest.
Interviews will be held at Arthritis Action’s office in Victoria. The dates are as follows:
1st round: Wednesday 6th February
2nd round: Tuesday 12th February
More searches like this
- Fundraising Health & Medical jobs in London (Greater)
- Community Fundraising Health & Medical jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Fundraising Health & Medical jobs in London (Greater)
- Events Fundraising Health & Medical jobs in London (Greater)
- Major Donor/ Gifts Health & Medical jobs in London (Greater)