- Exciting opportunity to lead the UK arm of the international DKMS family
- Opportunity to develop the full UK potential of this fast growing charity
About Our Client
In February 2013 DKMS started its activities in the UK as a member of the DKMS family, an international charity leading the fight against blood cancer with more than 8.5 million registered stem cell donors worldwide.
As the world's largest stem cell donor center, the global DKMS family has given more than 73,000 blood cancer patients a second chance of life all over the world. Their key mission is to increase the pool of life saving blood stem cell donors worldwide to ensure a suitable match for every blood cancer patient in need of a transplant.
Based in Chiswick, Greater London, the CEO of DKMS has the exciting opportunity to lead this growing charity and develop its full potential in the UK.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, you will work closely with the Chairman, who is based in Germany.
As CEO you will oversee all departments and their processes, starting from the recruitment of potential stem cell donors to the organisation of the actual stem cell donation. Supported by the Heads of Department, responsibilities comprise managerial, budget and employee responsibilities for the UK team, currently c50 people.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create the vision for the UK business and invest in the culture of the organisation. Work collaboratively with the parent Charity in Germany and other International subsidiaries to ensure the UK is aligned with the Group's values and mission.
- Work closely with the Heads of Department to continuously improve and develop local strategies and processes including revenue and fundraising, whilst ensuring best practice in everything they do.
- Be P&L accountable, develop and manage the budget process and meet both strategic and tactical targets.
- Develop relationships and strong networks with all relevant external partners including the various national bone marrow registries, health insurers, private and NHS hospitals etc.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant laws and regulations relating to charitable organisations and that the company reflects best practice, particularly as these relate to data protection, human tissue authority and NHSBT standards.
- Be the ambassador of DKMS, represent DKMS in public and in press relations, ensure the organisation and its mission are consistently presented and developed with a strong, positive image to all stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a passionate, self-driven and forward thinking individual with proven experience as a senior leader and a track record in driving growth. Experience gained within a charity is not essential, but what is critical is your desire to fully contribute to the DKMS mission in this key role.
The challenge inherent is the ability to balance implementation of the strategic vision with the day to day hands-on work required in a small-sized but fast growing charity, to that end you will need to demonstrate:
- Proven leadership and management skills with a collaborative work style.
- Able to inspire and foster a team oriented environment, empathetic and a real people person.
- Understanding of best practice, experience of working in a matrix environment.
- A strategic and innovative thinker, with proven success at delivering results.
- First class influencing and communication skills, able to engage at all levels including Corporate Executives, celebrities and media.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen with a thorough understanding of partner acquisition, development and retention.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Distinctive organisational skills.
- Committed, proactive and flexible working style.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Travel to Germany and other locations will be required.
What's on Offer
To £100,000, plus benefits.
Ref Code: MPSZ13977309Z