The Deputy Chief Executive Officer will play a key role in supporting the CEO to ensure that WCT achieves its business and social objectives and creates an environment that promotes staff and volunteer commitment to our organisational vision, mission and strategy.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the post holder will be expected to work closely with the Management Team and take on an overarching day-to-day responsibility for management, implementation and development of day to day Service Delivery and supporting functions to include HR, Policy & Procedures, Governance and Business Opportunities. An entrepreneurial, collaborative and inclusive working style and attitude will be essential.
A key element of the role will be to deputise in the absence of CEO.
Experience and skills to include:
- Working at senior management level within one of the following: voluntary, public or business sectors
- A demonstrable ability to commit to and to serve an organisation and all its stakeholders in line with its core values and brand
- A demonstrable ability and willingness to work with and for the CEO and Trustees in the implementation and development of the organisation’s stated aims and delivery model(s)
- Staff management and ability to provide effective leadership at operational level
- Personnel management and understanding of employment law and HR best practice
- Financial management abilities to include costing, monitoring and reporting
- Working with a Management Board/Committee of Directors, Governors or Trustees
- Policy implementation with a demonstrable ability to take the lead in initiating, reviewing and redraft supporting documents and procedures
- Ability to think, act and communicate strategically and creatively in a personable manner
- An energy and passion for improving the lives of disadvantaged individuals and communities
If you would like more information about Westway Community Transport and this exciting opportunity to help lead our organisation, please visit our website
and/or or call Kathleen Lyons on 020 3761 2708 for an informal chat from the 7th Jan 2019.
To apply, please submit our application form and a supporting statement/letter as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification to:
Westway CT 240 Acklam Road London W10 5YG. Jobs@westwayct.org.uk
Please do not send CV’s.
Closing date for applications Monday 28th January 2019 at Noon. Applicants that have not been contacted by the 1st February 2019 should assume they have not been successful.
Interviews will be held in a central London location on 4th February and will consist of panel interview, presentation and a written exercise.
For those selected for the second stage interviews; these will be held from 12 noon on 5th February 2019 at WCT offices.