Head of Fundraising
About Ol Pejeta
Ol Pejeta is a leading wildlife conservancy in Kenya . We work to conserve wildlife, provide a sanctuary for great apes and to generate income through wildlife tourism and complementary enterprises for re-investment in conservation and community development. We are seeking high calibre, self-motivated and dedicated applicants in the position of Head of Fundraising.
Main Purpose of the Job
As a member of the Ol Pejeta Conservancy (Ol Pejeta) Management Team, this post plays a key role in the development and implementation of Ol Pejeta’s forward strategy and the leadership and management of the organisation, and a specific role in securing philanthropic and grant funding for Ol Pejeta operations. The post-holder will take accountability for Fundraising for Ol Pejeta and its programmes, and will be responsible for building and servicing relationships with individuals and major donors (in collaboration with the Managing Director), trusts & foundations and statutory donors. A particular focus of this role will be on major donor recruitment and engagement, developing and linking visitor and digital fundraising with related communications outreach.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement an Ol Pejeta Fundraising Strategy, in line with business aims and objectives, to meet unrestricted and restricted funding needs and priorities, addressing all relevant donor audiences and using all appropriate fundraising methods and techniques.
- Ensure global alignment of Ol Pejeta’s Fundraising Strategy in consultation with multiple fundraising partners (including Fauna & Flora International where there is an MoU).
- Develop the capacity of the Ol Pejeta Fundraising Team, hiring where necessary and approved by the Managing Director.
- Work closely with the Ol Pejeta Marketing and PR Department for management and development of the Ol Pejeta’s online and digital fundraising, donor communication and internet-based fundraising opportunities.
- Maintain and develop Ol Pejeta’s current portfolio of funding sources, generating new global funding opportunities, through networking, research and innovative thinking
- Develop and deliver annual budgets and work plans for Fundraising
- Coordinate staff and consultancy input (in particular the participation of the Chief Executive Officer and senior staff) into fundraising activities (e.g. relationship management, event participation, review of development materials), ensuring best use of staff time.
- Ensure that all fundraising is as tax effective as possible, bearing mind the location of Ol Pejeta in relationship to its major donors
- Establish fundraising guidelines and protocols to ensure consistency and avoid duplication, and to adhere to Fundraising best practice and ethical principles. Maximise the value of the data held and collected on Ol Pejeta supporters (stored on Salesforce) to provide business insight to inform fundraising strategy and evaluations.
- As a member of the Ol Pejeta Management Team, play a key role in the development and implementation of Ol Pejeta’s forward strategy
- Contribute to the leadership and management of Ol Pejeta and provide motivating strength across the organisation.
- Report to the Board as requested on Fundraising.
- Advise the CEO and Ol Pejeta Management Team on high-level issues relating to Fundraising.
- Develop and maintain collaborations with key external agencies.
- Manage and motivate the Fundraising team through objective setting, continuous performance management, annual appraisal, training provision and personal development planning.
- Ensure there are appropriate human resources to deliver Fundraising objectives and identify and, where necessary, work with consultants to meet objectives.
- Provide mentorship and guidance on Fundraising across Ol Pejeta.
- Ensure that all the necessary Fundraising policies, procedures and systems are in place, implemented and regularly updated in compliance with current legislation and best practice guidelines.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties consistent with the aims and objectives of the position as requested by the Managing Director.
- Ensure Ol Pejeta utilises Salesforce fully for managing relationships with supporters and donors, and for generating management reporting on fundraising activities.
Key objectives – first 24 months:
- By end first 3 months: review current Ol Pejeta capacity and strategy, provide recommendations for new strategy and budgeted action plan for implementation to be agreed by Managing Director and Executive Committee of the Board
- Within first 12 months: Commence implementation of agreed strategy and action plan Recruit new capacity to ensure strong implementation of agreed action plan
- Within 24 months: Increase NEW Ol Pejeta fundraising income by USD 1.5m per annum
Please see here for a full job description
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a covering letter explaining why you meet the job criteria and your motivations for applying together with your CV and contact details for two referees (who will not be approached without your permission) by email to Gail Thacker, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also indicate where you saw the position advertised.
The closing date for applications is 15th January 2019.
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by 20th January 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Initial interviews are provisionally scheduled for late January/early February 2019 and will take place in either Cambridge UK, Nairobi, Kenya or by skype.
We will use your data for recruitment purposes only. Ol Pejeta’s partner, Fauna & Flora International (FFI) is participating in the recruitment of this new position. As such applicants’ data will be shared with FFI as part of the recruitment process only. Ol Pejeta’s and FFI’s privacy statements are available here:
More searches like this
- Fundraising Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- International Development Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Major Donor/ Gifts Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Supporter Development Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Trusts & Foundations Animal Full Time jobs in London (Central)