Grant Finance Officer – Inclusion Works (2 year Fixed Term Contract)
Sightsavers is working towards a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where people with visual impairment and other disabilities participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world. Sightsavers offers a great place to work within easy reach of London and Brighton.
Title: Grant Finance Officer – Inclusion Works – Aid Connect
Location: Haywards Heath, UK
Salary: £28,000 – £31,000 per annum
Sightsavers is recruiting for a Grant Finance Officer who will work closely with Country Office staff and other support teams to ensure that projects funded by donors run smoothly. The post holder would be expected to travel up to 5 weeks per year.
Key duties will include:
- Supporting the development, review and amendment of coordinating and implementing consortium partner contracts
- Coordinating the process for timely and accurate donor financial submissions
- Ongoing financial monitoring of consortium partner projects budgets
- Supporting the preparation of financial reports and forecasts for the donor
- Supporting day to day finance and administration tasks
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate finance and accountancy experience, awareness of overseas development (preferably gained through work in the INGO sector) and an understanding of institutional donor contract management, in particular DFID funding. Experience of providing financial training to non-finance staff (although not essential) would be useful, together with excellent numerical skills, strong attention to detail, an improvement mindset and a willingness to develop skills and knowledge.
This role may be for you if:
- You are proactive by nature and have initiative.
- You are comfortable taking decisions and have a good sense of when to escalate issues.
- You are quick to notice irregularities yet you do not lose sight of the bigger picture.
- You enjoy solving problems and have a keen eye for improvement.
- You communicate clearly. You adapt your language and pace to suit your listeners.
- You are confident holding close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are comfortable working in an international context and travelling to the countries we work in.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills and it’s an involved role so please read the complete Job Description for further details. Interviews, including a short Excel-based task are anticipated to take place at our Haywards Heath offices in mid-January.
Please note that the deadline for this role has been extended.
Closing Date: January 14, 2019