5 days left
The Association of Dogs and Cats Homes (ADCH- Charity No.1180574) is the membership body for dog and cat rescue organisations in the British Isles. Our 140 members include rescues of all sizes, from those with multiple centres helping tens of thousands of animals annually, to small, volunteer-run groups operating from foster homes or rented premises. All are welcome within the Association and have equal standing.
The Association works on a not for profit basis to raise animal welfare and operational standards across the sector, provide learning and networking opportunities, and offers a growing range of member benefits, including access to grant funding and product discounts. Our annual two-day Conference attracts over 400 delegates each day. We are a growing and dynamic Association with an enduring commitment to supporting our members in all that they do.
The Association is governed by a Management Committee comprising an elected Chair and Vice Chair, an appointed Secretary and Treasurer and a mix of elected and appointed volunteers. The Association’s members delegate authority for its day to day management to the Committee, whose work is supported by one full-time and one part-time member of staff. Committee members are passionate about animal welfare and furthering the aims of the Association. More information, including our current Strategic Plan, is available at http://www.adch.org.uk/
We are now seeking to appoint an
to oversee all financial aspects of the Association and play a leading role in its exciting and ambitious growth and development.
Key responsibilities include
- To manage the day-to-day finances of the Association, including issuing and paying invoices, banking, maintaining management accounts and balance sheet
- To develop an annual budget and cash flow forecast and manage their implementation, advising the Management Committee as appropriate
- To advise the Management Committee on the financial implications of its decisions, especially strategic and policy decisions
- To ensure that the Association has adequate systems in place for financial and internal controls
- To identify and bring to the attention of the Management Committee any financial risks facing the Association
- To attend meetings of the Management Committee (approximately five annually) as an ex-officio member, contributing to the governance and management of the Association and reporting on its financial position. To report on the Association’s financial position and related matters at the AGM and Open Meetings when requested by the Chair.
Key skills required
- Financial experience, including an understanding of financial documents, management accounting, e-banking, relevant software packages and the principles of GDPR
- Understanding of fundamental financial and corporate and charitable governance principles and practices
- An understanding of the ADCH, its structure and operation and key issues facing its members
- A formal financial/accounting qualification is desirable but NOT essential.
Approximately eight hours per week in Q1 and two hours per week in the remainder of the year, plus attendance at Management Committee meetings, Open Meetings, AGM and Conference.
Please note that this is a voluntary role. Travel and other expenses associated with attendance at meetings will be reimbursed in accordance with the Association’s Expenses Policy.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and a Supporting Statement to
Claire Horton, ADCH Chairman (email@example.com) by no later than 5pm on
Friday 14 December 2018. Interviews will take place during the week commencing Monday 7 January 2019.
Your Supporting Statement is a very important part of your application. We cannot make any assumptions about your knowledge, skills and experience so the information that you provide is vital for us to decide whether to shortlist you for an interview. It should be no more than 1,000 words. Please demonstrate how you meet the key responsibilities and skills required in the Role Description and why you are interested in helping the ADCH.
Apply for ADCH Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly