The client is a prestigious University in central London. They are looking for an experienced communications manager to lead on the research, development, publications, outreach and communications of one of their departments.
The Communications Manager will take responsibility across the following key areas:
- Line management of the communications team.
- Lead on all communications and outreach activities of the department.
- Develop the communications strategy.
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Point of contact for the department's media requests.
- Create clear written content and for the department's online presence.
- Management of the department's website and social media presence.
- Management and planning of the department's events.
- Overseeing all research outputs and publications.
The candidate that secures this position will bring the following skills and attributes:
- Line management experience.
- Events management and planning.
- Publishing, outreach and communications skills.
- Demonstrable ability to produce high-quality content.
- Time management skills.
- Experience responding to media requests.
- Strong management of websites.
- Utilising social media to build awareness and influence.
- Previously held a managerial post in higher education.