Head of Charity Support & Development
Role: Head of Charity Support & Development
Hours/contract: Full time/permanent
The Almshouse Association was created as an umbrella organisation for some 1650 independent almshouse charities throughout the UK. Almshouses enable those in need to live with dignity and independence within their local communities and are the oldest form of social housing, providing homes today for over 35,000 residents. The role of The Almshouse Association is to assist member charities with advice and guidance and act as a bridge between the charities and government.
The charity is now seeking to appoint for a newly created role of Head of Charity Support & Development. This senior management team role will oversee the delivery of the fundraising strategy, support the member charities in need and assist with building and refurbishment projects.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of charities, their governance and charity law
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of building and renovation project management and knowledge of historic buildings would be highly desirable
- Good diplomacy, negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to deal confidently with a wide audience
- Ability to be a problem solver who seeks constructive solutions
- A strong customer service ethos
You will be a self-motivated and methodical individual with excellent verbal and written communications skills and have the ability to prioritise effectively on multi tasks and projects. You will be IT proficient and have the maturity, experience and gravitas to represent the Association at a senior level.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, please send your CV and Supporting Statement to Jenny Warner, Managing Director, Charisma Recruitment, firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JO1600.
Closing date for applications: 7 January 2019
Interview date: w/c 21 or 28 January 2019