Team Leader (Volunteer Development) - High Wycombe Magistrates Court
Citizens Advice provide free, independent and impartial advice and information to help people resolve their legal, money and other problems. In the past year we have helped over 2.5 million people solve over 6.2 million problems. Our national network delivers services from over 3,000 locations in England and Wales. In 2015 we won Charity Times Charity of the Year for our work. Now we want to do even more.
Team Leader (Volunteer Development)
£23,695 per annum
Full time, 36 hours and 15 minutes
High Wycombe Magistrates Court
Citizens Advice won a grant from the Ministry of Justice to run the Witness Service from April 2015. The Witness Service has nearly 300 staff and 3000 volunteers and offers free, independent, impartial and confidential support and information to 15,000 witnesses each month to give evidence in every criminal court in England and Wales.
We are committed to our dedicated volunteers and are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of the voluntary sector and experience in developing and recruiting volunteers.
The Team Leader (Volunteer Development) is responsible for volunteer development and engagement within a specific geographical area. This includes:
- Exploring opportunities to diversify the Witness Service volunteering base
- Developing volunteering opportunities within the Witness Service
- Undertaking effective recruitment activities within defined framework strategies
- Building effective relationships with internal stakeholders and external organisations on a local basis
The role will also support the Team Leaders (Court Services and Outreach) in ensuring resource meets the required service demand.
We are seeking candidates with the ability to develop and motivate volunteers and with experience of building effective relationships and creating partnerships with key organisations and other stakeholders to build on the volunteer base. The role also requires knowledge of recruitment and training procedures and will require travel across the large geographical area of Thames Valley, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire.
Citizens Advice values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities and people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups, as they are currently under represented in our workforce.
Closing date: Sunday 9th December 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 18th December 2018
More searches like this
- Management Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Administration Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Finance & Legal Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)
- Training Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in London (Central)