Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Up to £45,000 per annum
1 x permanent
1 x 2 years fixed term
The IET is seeking two Senior Infrastructure Engineers to join the IT and Digital Service team.
The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
This role will ensure that the IET’s physical and virtual infrastructure is maintained, operated, supported and developed to an appropriate standard. You will collaborate with business colleagues to ensure the best technical solutions are achieved, providing a senior support service for all of the IET’s Cloud systems, Virtual systems, Network Infrastructure and associated systems.
Although knowledge of Azure is key, we are not looking for an expert – ideally you will be able to work your way around the Azure system, understanding terminology and being able to navigate the backend structure. Some experience of building machine IAS would be highly advantageous. Either way, you will be tech savvy, able to pick up new systems and ready to learn and grow your own Azure experience in the job. To support your application, you need to be able to demonstrate experience with AWS, Office 365 (deployment) and have worked in a DevOps environment before.
If this sounds like you, or even almost you, please do send in your CV today and let’s start a conversation!
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge or experience working with Azure cloud environment.
- Experience of using and deploying Office365 in a corporate environment.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft server environments including Windows Server, SQL Server, Exchange, IIS.
- Experience working with Web development teams.
- Understanding of Local and Wide Area Networks with hands on experience of switches, routers and firewalls. Cisco experience desirable.
- Practical experience of virtual environment management and optimisation and servers working in a virtual environment.
- PowerShell and scripting knowledge
- Highly desirable to have knowledge of Infrastructure as Code.
- Highly desirable to have experience working in a DevOps environment.
- An excellent understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and AD.
- Experience in setting up and managing system health and monitoring tools.
- An understanding of the ITIL methodology preferably with experience of working in an ITIL environment.
- Ability to manage a project from start to completion seeking advice and communicating with all interested parties as required.
- A logical approach to problem solving with the ability to progress through to a successful solution using own initiative.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner with all levels of staff and a friendly attitude with customers.
- Ability to learn new skills and take on new tasks and recommend and develop improvements to working practices.
- Ability to work effectively and considerately in a team environment.
- Must have good time management skills and a flexible approach to working.
- Microsoft Certifications
- VmWare Certifications
- Cisco / Network Certifications
- ITIL Certified
- Exposure to a service desk environment.
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Apply for Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly