Director of External Affairs
Prospectus is delighted to be supporting The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women in a new phase of development by assisting with the recruitment of a number of newly created key positions, including a Director of External Affairs. Their vision is a world where women have the equal opportunities necessary to establish and grow businesses, resulting in a brighter future for women themselves and their communities as a whole. Working in partnership with non-profit, private and public sector organisations, the Foundation develops programmes that build confidence, capability and capital in women.
Having recently undergone a strategic review The Cherie Blair Foundation recognise the need to invest in order to make the organisation fit for purpose for the future therefore are now in the process of recruiting a number of key positions to allow the organisation to deliver their ambitions for income and impact over the next three years and beyond.
The new Director of External Affairs will lead the Foundation's influencing and communications activities through developing and implementing an influencing strategy and communications plan, which draws on the Foundation's programmes, research and builds on their profile and networks. The overall purpose is to raise the profile of the Foundation's programmes and deliver their objectives for influence and impact with target stakeholders in change (including donors, private sector, government, civil society and the media).
Experience and skills to include:
- Strong networking, influencing and presentation skills, able to represent the Foundation in a variety of external forums and develop a strong network within civil society and media contact
- Demonstrable track record of engaging with decision makers and key influencers
- Proven experience developing and implementing successful influencing plans creating demonstrable change
- A strong track record of positioning an organisation to achieve tangible outcomes in a competitive communications environment - including development of brand, identity and messaging
- Good knowledge and understanding of issues related to women's economic empowerment (ideally entrepreneurship) and more broadly on the issues around gender and development
If you would like to apply for this role please submit your CV via the "Apply Now" button below. Please upload your CV in Word format and include a supporting statement as part of your application. Your supporting statement should address your experience in relation to the key points on the person specification, and should be no longer than 2 sides of A4. Please feel free to submit your CV in the first instance. If you have any specific questions that you need answering before submitting your supporting statement please call 0207 400 6373 or email email@example.com
A Prospectus consultant will review and assess all submitted applications. As part of the selection process, candidates may be invited to meet with a consultant at our offices.
Following preliminary interviews with Prospectus, The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women plan to interview shortlisted candidates from w/c 7th January 2019 onwards.
To find out more information please visit our designated microsite - https://www.cherieblairfoundation-careers.org/