Salary: £28,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
Contract: Fixed term until October 2021
Full-time, 35 hours per week, core office hours 10am to 4pm (there may be occasions when the post holder will be asked to work outside office hours).
All flexible working requests will be considered.
About the charity
Many parents in the UK today are frozen out of work by the cost of childcare and disadvantaged children fall behind their peers before they even start school. This charity works to change this and to make the UK a better place for families.
Their parent-led programmes support families to achieve their potential and services to deliver solutions that meet families’ needs. Their Parent Champions National Network has been running since 2007, helping families that are more likely to miss out on services to get the support that helps them to thrive.
The benefits of working with this organisation include generous annual leave, pension contributions and flexible working.
Our client is working with Small Steps Big Changes (SSBC) to deliver its Community Voice Community Connections programme. SSBC is a £45m transformation programme hosted by Nottingham CityCare Partnership, a partnership of parents and professionals working together to positively impact outcomes for 0-3 year old children in communication and language, social and emotional development, and nutrition.
The Community Voice Community Connections programme includes two groups of parents:
- Parent Champions who are trained and supported to contribute to strategic decision-making, service design and service development.
- Ambassadors who raise awareness and understanding of SSBC – sustaining the voice and involvement of families in the design of SSBC activities.
As Volunteer Manager you will work in the SSBC office in Nottingham, under the direction of the Head of this organisation (based in London).
Work will include:
- Providing coaching, training and support for parents, enabling them to affect system change
- Working with partners to develop further opportunities for parent-powered change
- Helping to evaluate the impact of Parent Champions and Ambassadors
Closing date for applications: Monday 10th December 2018 at 5pm
First round phone interviews: On a rolling basis as applications are received
Second round face to face interviews (in Nottingham): Monday 17th December 2018
To find out more information and apply for this position, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website.
No agencies please.