Senior Communication Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
Senior Communication Manager
Do you have what it takes to drive strategic communication that will help change the lives of children's future learning? Then join the LEGO Foundation and be part of a fantastic team working to systemically reaching children with learning through play to empower them to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners and develop the holistic skills that serve them, their communities and society throughout a lifetime.
Are you ready to contribute to make a vision come to life?
The LEGO Foundation shares its mission with the LEGO Group: to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We are a Danish corporate foundation with a core team of dedicated employees with one shared passion: to make children´s lives better - and communities stronger - by making sure the fundamental value of play is understood, embraced and acted upon. We are dedicated to building a future where learning through play empowers children to become creative, engaged, lifelong learners.
Be a part of a committed team
We are looking to strengthen our Advocacy & Communication team with a highly experienced and passionate Senior Communication Manager, who will join a team of 7 dedicated colleagues with an ambitious agenda and on an exciting learning journey. Together, we are building the team to deliver high quality and innovative communication and advocacy solutions to deliver on the Foundation's social impact agenda.
Be our advocate for children´s future learning experiences
As Senior Communication Manager, you will proactively and collaboratively play a role in taking the LEGO Foundation Advocacy & Communication team to the next level. You will be part of developing and implementing the Foundation's communication and advocacy plan to position the LEGO Foundation as a thought leader within our field. Together with the rest of the team, you will be responsible for, and lead, communication and advocacy activities across our many audiences - externally and internally. You will also work closely with one of the Foundation's programmes as their trusted advisor to shape and lead strategic and operational communications activities as well as supporting them in their advocacy efforts.
- Work with the Advocacy & Communication team to help drive the development and refinement of our strategic and actionable communication and advocacy plans across target audiences and stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging and greater visibility of the LEGO Foundation and our agenda
- Drive external and internal communication activities, planned and ad hoc, from concept to implementation and evaluation, e.g. campaigns with partners, press releases, opinion pieces, copywriting for newsletters, etc.
- Support our annual key advocacy event, the LEGO® Idea Conference, as well as other events and speaking opportunities by applying your communication skills and toolbox
- Support the development and positioning of a coherent Advocacy & Communication team, enabling it to leverage the LEGO Foundation brand and values to benefit our agenda
Other responsibilities include:
- Build trust in yourself and the team through being a skilled and trusted communication advisor to internal and external partners and stakeholders by behaving responsibly and honestly
- Drive focus on delivering results and actively help to develop a strong sense of team spirit in the Advocacy & Communication team
Ambitious strategic communications expert with solid knowledge of campaigning
To succeed in this role, you will have a strong track record of developing, implementing and evaluating communication strategies. You are adapt at translating strategic thinking and complex information into compelling stories, concrete communication plans, campaigns and PR. You are familiar with advocacy and you know how to sell your ideas to colleagues as well as external audiences. Your innate integrity and passion for children´s learning drives you to advocate for the cause and its benefits for children´s future.
- Considerable experience working with communication in international, and preferably philanthropic organisations
- Strong strategic and analytical skills and a proven track record of developing and executing long term communication plans
- In-depth knowledge across key areas of communication, especially campaigning, and media
- Basic knowledge of advocacy
- Strong stakeholder and target audience management skills and ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Preferably a background within the educational and/or the early childhood development sector
- A positive, can-do attitude and passion for working closely with different colleagues across the organisation
Prospectus are partnering with The LEGO Foundation to support with recruitment for this exciting new opportunity, based from their Head Office in Billund, Denmark. If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you have the experience required please submit your CV in Microsoft Word format via the "Apply" button below.
A Prospectus consultant will be reviewing CVs on an ongoing basis for this position so please apply ASAP if you would like to be considered. Prospectus will be completing pre-screening calls to assess suitability and if successful The Lego Foundation aim to complete interviews in December.