Community Fundraising Co-ordinator
Our client is the charity dedicated to raising the funds necessary to keep an air ambulance flying over the counties of Bristol, North Somerset, Bath & North East Somerset and all of Gloucestershire.
Title: Community Fundraising Co-ordinator
Location: Home based (Gloucestershire)
Salary: £22,000 - £28,000 FTE
Type: Permanent, 35 hours per week
From fundraisers to highly skilled paramedics and senior consultants, they are a team, working to save lives that would otherwise be lost. The job is high pressure, but it is deeply satisfying, and every member of the team is committed to this service, and to saving as many lives as they can.
This full time role will deliver high levels of stewardship to a variety of supporters and community events within Gloucestershire. The Community Fundraising Co-ordinator will be tasked with maximising opportunities within the designated territory by regular, targeted and appropriate liaison and promotion to significantly raise regional profile. Working collaboratively within the Fundraising team, you will contribute to income growth and ensure donor retention.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- To manage all aspects of community fundraising through the designated area, in line with the overall fundraising strategy.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the geographic area, community and events that are in the area.
- Develop relationships with existing individuals, schools, corporates and community groups.
- Ensure the highest level of donor care
- Achieve gross income from the geographic area.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- To proactively seek new fundraising opportunities within community groups, and individual supporters
- Develop appropriate territory management schedules to maximise time to research, target and visit community groups
- Deliver high levels of stewardships to community events; providing advice and support as necessary
- Deliver community fundraising initiatives
- Actively promote and recruit participants to the event programme as per event target for each activity
- Account manage relationships with event organisers
Working relationships, contacts and expectations;
- Work with members of the Critical Care Team, Fundraising, Supporter Services and SMT to create a collaborative approach to community fundraising and to spread greater awareness of the service the ambulance charity offers.
- Forge close working relationships within the fundraising and marketing team to promote and generate opportunities and to maximise income generation in line with the fundraising strategy.
- Forge closing working relationships with the charity's volunteers in order to utilize skills and resources available.
- To occasionally work unsociable hours, for example attending evening or weekend meetings or travel outside the ‘area’ (TOIL is available).
- To maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality at all times.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The ideal candidate will have experience within fundraising and/or the not for profit sector, demonstrable experience of managing projects and balancing multiple critical priorities, experience of building effective relationships with key stakeholders and the ability to enthuse and motivate others.
You will have excellent communication and written skills with an ability to prepare persuasive proposals and accurate reports, deliver compelling presentations and engage with a wide range of audiences confidently.
Sound understanding of the application of charity legislation and fundraising activity, and a keen Interest and understanding of trends in fundraising would be desirable.
To Apply and For More Information:
Click Apply, after you have followed the job board process, you will receive an email from CHM Recruit with the Job Description and further details on how to complete your application.
No agencies please.
Apply for Community Fundraising Co-ordinator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly