Community Fundraising Officer
Are you an experienced Community Fundraiser looking for your next challenge? This charity is looking to recruit a Community Fundraising Officer to develop, support and champion both new and existing fundraising activity in this area. Working as part of the Community and Challenge Events team the role would suit someone with knowledge and understanding gained from a previous role within a fundraising team.
Job Title: Community Fundraising Officer
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24 - 27k
Location: Pill, outskirts of Bristol
Benefits: 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays + additional days over Christmas and New Year period. Free parking in a beautiful semi-rural setting.
Main duties of the role include;
- To manage and deliver a sustainable income stream from Community fundraising to exceed an income budget in accordance with the Charity’s strategic plan;
- To be the first point of contact for groups and individuals organising community events on behalf of the Charity, providing support and encouragement to maximise fundraising for their events;
- To research and identify potential and lapsed supporters and steward them to support the Charity;
- To set up “Friends Groups” within the community and support them to raise money for the Charity;
- To research and identify individuals within schools to build relationships and garner support, this will also include delivering school assemblies to talk about the work of the Charity and to encourage events through initiatives;
- To support the Charity’s signature sponsored walk each year, organising elements of the event and recruiting participants as well as volunteers;
- To coordinate the volunteer speaker programme including the recruitment of new speakers, researching new groups to talk to and to deliver talks where needed;
- To coordinate the Charity’s tin collection scheme and to manage the Charity’s supermarket collections and other events throughout the year with the aid of volunteers who will be recruited and managed by the post holder;
- To attend events on behalf of the Charity both within and outside of office hours.
Candidates should have at least two years’ experience of Community Fundraising alongside excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of audiences confidently. They will have sound knowledge and understanding of supporter relationship management and enjoy the challenge of building relationships within the community. This role requires someone who can work flexibly with their time.
Our client is the leading UK charity specialising in a whole person approach to helping people live well with the impact of cancer. The way in which they help people is known as the Bristol Whole Life Approach which provides a powerful combination of physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual support that is designed to help anyone affected by cancer, at any stage of the disease. They do this through residential courses, group sessions and 1-2-1 complementary therapies. They work in partnership with many major healthcare providers and our services are underpinned by evidence based research.
Timetable for appointment:
Closing date: Wednesday 12 December 2018
1st Interview: Monday 17 December 2018
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete the application process.
No agencies please.
More searches like this
- Fundraising Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Gloucestershire
- Marketing Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Gloucestershire
- Operations & Service Delivery Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Gloucestershire
- Business Development & Commercial Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Gloucestershire
- PR & Communications Social Care & Welfare Full Time jobs in Gloucestershire