You will provide vital support to the wider team at this growing refugee charity by taking responsibility for the administrative duties and financial procedures that result in a smooth running working environment. You will also be committed to delivering consistent and excellent customer service, ensuring the needs of both customers and beneficiaries are equally met to a high standard. You will need to maintain a good working knowledge of The Bike Project’s products, services and policies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for administrative duties and tasks to support the day to day operations of the social enterprise and charity.
- Follow financial procedures and support bookkeeping activities.
- Assist with the ordering of general supplies and stock control.
- Coordinate a smooth working environment through the management of IT and telephone infrastructure and support contracts, oversee general maintenance and implement fire, health and safety recommendations.
- Deliver high quality customer service by handling incoming telephone and email enquiries from customers and beneficiaries.
- Assist with organizing calendars, events and training for the staff team.
- Handle large volumes of sensitive data, using a CRM system (Salesforce), and ensure that data protection and filing systems are adhered to at all times.
- Assist in the running of bike donation sessions at our workshop; this may include conducting surveys, fitting beneficiaries with accessories or giving travel and cycle safety advice.
- Assist with the management of volunteers as required.
- Perform any other reasonable duties on an ad hoc basis as required by the charity.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an office administrator or in another relevant role.
- Experience of following financial procedures, such as making payments, filing of receipts and invoices as well as managing supplier contracts.
- Experience of carrying out procurement duties and stock control activities.
- Experience delivering high quality customer service, preferably within the retail or charity sector.
- Excellent English language skills (both written and oral) are essential for this role. Additional language skills (preferably Arabic, Farsi, French or Amharic) are considered beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness and communication skills with the ability to listen and understand the needs of others.
- A thorough and systematic approach to diagnosing and solving problems with minimal supervision.
- Experience of volunteering and / or training volunteers of in processes.
- Knowledge of the refugee sector in the UK, and experience of working or volunteering for a charitable organization.
- High level of organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct all duties in a manner that is non-judgmental and respects differences.
- Shares The Bike Project’s values and ethos, and committed to The Bike Project’s vision.
This job will include working from time to time with vulnerable people in sometimes challenging situations, as such, a DBS basic disclosure will be required.
Volunteers from time to time.
Please submit your application of CV which must be accompanied by a covering letter that addresses the person specification (no longer than one page in length) by email to email@example.com
The closing date for all applications is midnight on Monday 10th December, 2018.
Interviews will be held on 13th and 14th December 2018.
Please direct all enquiries to Nicola Hill via firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call us on 020 7733 8098